Sublime Forum

Global completion & "Dot" symbol syntax

I have 2 feature requests I think would make a great fit in sublime. One of them being “Global completion”, either all open files or all files in the project (the last one would be awesome). This gives an almost “intellisence” feel to Sublime, that I think would be a great fit.

Actually, I noticed theres a paid (s)FTP plugin. Is there a similar thing for intellisence? I’d easily pay $20+ dollars for such a plugin. Maybe project-wide intellisence code completion, supporting PHP, Javascript, and maybe Python and Ruby. Java and C++ would be great, as intellisence is almost needed for those.

Another feature request I have, which is fairly simple but is intuitive and very helpful, is “dot” symbol syntax. If I hit “CTRL+R” to search for a symbol in the current file, I tried typing “CLASSNAME.METHOD” and it didn’t work (also tried CLASSNAME method and CLASSNAME->method). I think this would be a “cool” feature and definitely usable. I’m already finding myself wanting it in external libraries with lots of classes in the file.

Thank you for a great editor!

0 Likes

I know this thread is ~6 months old, but I’m upvoting this as a feature request. The only thing I can’t do in Sublime2 is the global language-aware completion/tool-tip stuff that Eclipse has. In large projects, this is really a boon – sure the single biggest productivity win I get out of a smart editor. Is there a plugin available or under development to add this functionality to Sublime?

0 Likes

https://github.com/Kronuz/SublimeCodeIntel/

0 Likes