Sublime Forum

EasyMotion in sublime

Thank you :smiley:

0 Likes

Have some posts in this thread been deleted? Having some difficulty following - did someone create a plugin / key binding set to emulate EasyMotion in VIM?

0 Likes

The plugin mentioned is an evolution of a select to character command originally written for ST1. It highlighted the character regions to provide some predictability. I was playing about after that with some weird bisecting navigation, using a skip jump, reverse and skip again style, made possible because of the predictability. Then I thought about just using [di]graphs (and later non contiguous digraphs) I called it hotspots.

@COD312 asked about EasyMotion and it sounded like my old plugin. From what Iā€™ve read/heard of EasyMotion I donā€™t think you could currently implement it in Sublime. I wish you could as I think itā€™s a superior method. It does a similar menuising of the visible region but [a]nstead **t [c]aints [d]etters [e]ver [f]he [g]okens. Reading that, youā€™d imagine it wouldnā€™t be that practical, but consider you are already laser targeted on where you want to go typically when you initiate a motion.

@COD312 was recently asking me about publishing the plugin. Maybe I will. Just donā€™t expect EasyMotion. Itā€™s similar in scope but different in execution.**

0 Likes

bitbucket.org/sublimator/volcanoes

0 Likes

ā€¦

0 Likes

You winning kids these days :confused: I canā€™t believe itā€™s not clojure

0 Likes

Iā€™ve installed it, but I canā€™t find how to enter in volcanise mode.

Can you show me how to use the plugin step by step, please?

Thank you.

0 Likes

If youā€™re on Windows, hit alt+n. On OS X, ctrl+n. I believe those are the defaults.

0 Likes

That might be the problem. Iā€™m on Linux and Ctrl+n opens a new file.

0 Likes

I have it working now on Linux. I had to rename the file ā€œDefault.querty-keymapā€ to ā€œDefault (Linux).sublime-keymapā€.

Great plugin! A must have!

Good jobā€¦

0 Likes

This is a really cool plugin, thanks to the author! Itā€™s even inspired me to setup my keybindings so that I can do all my navigating and editing from home row :smile:

Iā€™m not sure if this is still being developed but Iā€™d like some clarification on something (or perhaps this is a bug), if I open the volcanoes README.txt file and put the cursor at the beginning of file and then press the volcanoes hotkey to navigate down I see whatā€™s shown in this screenshot:

http://ubuntuone.com/5jWLxLY97q9t0VgMY6xZbX

I highlighted two regions in red circles, my question is: how would I navigate to the second red circle? Pressing ā€˜deā€™ takes me to the region in the first red circle.

Another suggestion would be to allow changing the colours of the region highlighting based on the current theme.

Thanks!

0 Likes

This plugin has been deprecated. It source is available; however, if you are interested in putting work into it (but be warned: deciphering @sublimatorā€™s code is frustrating at best :smile: ). As for the issue with the circles, the underline means that the digraph is reverse. So to get there, press ed. To change the color of the highlights, youā€™ll have to delve into the plugin code. Itā€™s probably no too difficult but you never know.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œsheldnoā€]
Another suggestion would be to allow changing the colours of the region highlighting based on the current theme.[/quote]

Take a look at Packages/Volcanise/volcanise.sublime-settings

[pre=#0C1021]{
ā€œdebugā€ : false,

"region_scopes" : {
    "digraph.underlines"            : "support",
    "digraph.reversed_underlines"   : "entity",
    "digraph.outlines"              : "entity",
    "digraph.line_numbers"          : "entity", "bookmark"],
    "characters"                    : "string",
    "direction_indicator"           : "source"
},

"landbacks" : {

}

}[/pre]

You probably wanna make sure that thereā€™s a distinction between ā€œdigraph.underlinesā€ and ā€œdigraph.reversed_underlinesā€. Like the bindings being optimized for colemak, the default regions are optimised for the blackboard colorscheme

no comment ā€¦

edit: 0xFFFFFFFFFFF

0 Likes

I meant that in a good way :smile:

0 Likes

and ignore the landbacks key ā€¦

as cod mentioned ā€¦ no movement on this plugin in a long time ā€¦

0 Likes

Thanks for the help! Iā€™ve got the colours and reversed underlines down now.

If the pluginā€™s deprecated do you guys still use it or is there something else you use instead? Seems like itā€™s still functioning so thatā€™s goodā€¦

0 Likes

I personally use it every day ā€¦

0 Likes

Really? Iā€™m kinda surprised.

0 Likes

I got a mactard airy fairy book the other day. Iā€™m kinda surprised how much I like it while simultaneously hating it.

0 Likes

Hahahahaha. Quote of the day. Just wait. Pretty soon it spreads and youā€™ll hate yourself. :smile:
Donā€™t you use colemak though? Howā€™s that combo working out?

0 Likes