Sublime Forum

EasyMotion in sublime

If you’re on Windows, hit alt+n. On OS X, ctrl+n. I believe those are the defaults.

0 Likes

That might be the problem. I’m on Linux and Ctrl+n opens a new file.

0 Likes

I have it working now on Linux. I had to rename the file “Default.querty-keymap” to “Default (Linux).sublime-keymap”.

Great plugin! A must have!

Good job…

0 Likes

This is a really cool plugin, thanks to the author! It’s even inspired me to setup my keybindings so that I can do all my navigating and editing from home row :smile:

I’m not sure if this is still being developed but I’d like some clarification on something (or perhaps this is a bug), if I open the volcanoes README.txt file and put the cursor at the beginning of file and then press the volcanoes hotkey to navigate down I see what’s shown in this screenshot:

http://ubuntuone.com/5jWLxLY97q9t0VgMY6xZbX

I highlighted two regions in red circles, my question is: how would I navigate to the second red circle? Pressing ‘de’ takes me to the region in the first red circle.

Another suggestion would be to allow changing the colours of the region highlighting based on the current theme.

Thanks!

0 Likes

This plugin has been deprecated. It source is available; however, if you are interested in putting work into it (but be warned: deciphering @sublimator’s code is frustrating at best :smile: ). As for the issue with the circles, the underline means that the digraph is reverse. So to get there, press ed. To change the color of the highlights, you’ll have to delve into the plugin code. It’s probably no too difficult but you never know.

0 Likes

[quote=“sheldno”]
Another suggestion would be to allow changing the colours of the region highlighting based on the current theme.[/quote]

Take a look at Packages/Volcanise/volcanise.sublime-settings

[pre=#0C1021]{
“debug” : false,

"region_scopes" : {
    "digraph.underlines"            : "support",
    "digraph.reversed_underlines"   : "entity",
    "digraph.outlines"              : "entity",
    "digraph.line_numbers"          : "entity", "bookmark"],
    "characters"                    : "string",
    "direction_indicator"           : "source"
},

"landbacks" : {

}

}[/pre]

You probably wanna make sure that there’s a distinction between “digraph.underlines” and “digraph.reversed_underlines”. Like the bindings being optimized for colemak, the default regions are optimised for the blackboard colorscheme

no comment …

edit: 0xFFFFFFFFFFF

0 Likes

I meant that in a good way :smile:

0 Likes

and ignore the landbacks key …

as cod mentioned … no movement on this plugin in a long time …

0 Likes

Thanks for the help! I’ve got the colours and reversed underlines down now.

If the plugin’s deprecated do you guys still use it or is there something else you use instead? Seems like it’s still functioning so that’s good…

0 Likes

I personally use it every day …

0 Likes

Really? I’m kinda surprised.

0 Likes

I got a mactard airy fairy book the other day. I’m kinda surprised how much I like it while simultaneously hating it.

0 Likes

Hahahahaha. Quote of the day. Just wait. Pretty soon it spreads and you’ll hate yourself. :smile:
Don’t you use colemak though? How’s that combo working out?

0 Likes

I’m using the unholy trifecta of 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

My main OS is windows 7, where I run a 10.04 ubuntu inside vmware, the console from which I ssh into the fairy book.

I love how quick it loads and how light it is but I’m not such a huge fan of OSX or the keyboard layout. I’m not quite sure of the details but will eventually rebind some of the keys if I ever start using it directly. Volcanoes and OSX keyboard layout definitely don’t mix well together and colemak only makes it worse.

The PITA equivalent of apt-get build-essential includes apple ids and a whole bunch of bollix

0 Likes

Haha. So you’re still afraid to touch it? I guess you need to keep a wide perimeter around those macbooks or they’ll transform you :stuck_out_tongue:.

:open_mouth: Work through the pain.

0 Likes

I take it you are referring to getting xcode from Apple rather than installing gcc with macports:

port install gcc47

There’s also a similar project called homebrew, but I haven’t used it.

0 Likes

Last time I used OSX (hackintosh in vmware) I wanted to run ports for something

IIRC to install ports I needed xcode? Chicken and the egg? 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

@kuroir put me onto homebrew this time around for installing swig and wget etc

It seems to download recipes to download source and compile it. Port installs prebuilt binaries?

0 Likes

hahaha

It would take me months to get productive on it so I’m putting off cold turkey until I’m between contracts.

Still, I seriously don’t understand the appeal just yet :smile:

0 Likes

I remapped the capslock key on windows to delete …

I guess it’s a bit of a bad habit but I liked I could hit multiple times really fast to delete a succession of characters …

Key repeat settings don’t seem to have any effect on the rebound caps-delete. Tap, pause, tap, pause.

(written from my airy fairy tardbook)

0 Likes

is there a way to use this parallel with Vintage mode?

*this = volcanoes

0 Likes