Sublime Forum

File settings by platform

Keybindings have a “(Windows)”, “(Linux)”, or “(OSX)” qualifier in their filenames that allows Sublime Text to only load applicable keymaps. Could there be a similar method to distinguish between file settings?
If my prefs inheritance tree could look something like this, I’d be really happy:

Default/Base File.sublime-settings User/Base File.sublime-settings User/Base File.windows-sublime-settings
Really I just want a different font size on Windows and OS X and everything else the same. They render differently so a normal font size on OS X is huge on Windows.
Let me know if this is already possible! It may well be and I just don’t know.

0 Likes

It’s possible (take a look in the Default package, for example), however the platform specific variants are ignored in the User directory.

0 Likes

Is there a reason for this?

0 Likes

It makes the automatic updating of the user preferences (e.g., font size and color scheme) simpler.

0 Likes

[quote=“sublimator”]

He might have views similar to this[/quote]

I am confused as to how this applies to the situation at hand—seems like there’s a special exception for the User folder, which doesn’t sound like a correctness-over-convenience–influenced decision.

0 Likes

Could I make a request that this be changed and that platform-specific file settings are no longer ignored in the User directory, then? Right now I’m throwing my platform-specific user file settings in a random plugin folder so that it will get processed. It works, but it’s inelegant.
Thanks!

0 Likes