Sublime Forum

Need completion menu to be much wider!

I am developing a plugin to do source code indexing and autocompletion for Objective-J.

I really need the autocomplete menu to be able to be wider. I hope this screenshot demonstrates the need in an obvious way.

My plugin completes methods, complete with parameter hints, so they can be pretty wide. It works great for short methods, but for longer methods, the completion hint becomes truncated to the point of uselessness. See the completions near the bottom of the menu for some examples.

Allowing custom completion schemes is a really winning feature of ST2. I have more suggestions to come, but the most bang for the buck would come from just allowing the menu to be wider.

0 Likes

Changing the size of the autocompletion panel

I’d like this for SublimeClang too. A horizontal scrollbar would be ok IMO.

0 Likes

I’d like to second this request. I just purchased Apple’s 27" Cinema Display a couple days ago and must now use SublimeText with an 18-point font to be able to read the screen. Since the autocomplete drop-down’s width seems to be defined in pixels rather than units relative to the font size, I find it much harder to identify the various suggestions in the list. See the attached screenshot for a typical example.

I’m quite used to using the autocomplete feature regularly now — thanks @jps for implementing it so well — but now that I can hardly distinguish the listed items I’m finding I really miss it!

Edit: I can’t seem to upload the 110 kB screenshot. Every time I try I get this error: “Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1966080 bytes) in /home/sublimetext/www/forum/includes/utf/data/utf_compatibility_decomp.php on line 2”

0 Likes

Never mind, managed to attach the screenshot to this separate post:

0 Likes

I use Sublime Text 3 a lot for C++ programming with SublimeClang (autocomplete) and this is a feature I miss a lot… it’s hard to redesign the autocomplete menu a bit more wider? Like x1.5 or x2 :frowning: (Auto resizable maybe the best option…)

EDIT: Wait, Sublime Text 3 already support autoresize! I think i was thinking in my sublime text 2 experience and I got confused… sorry (idk if in this moment ST2 support it too)

0 Likes