Sublime Forum

New window: empty project folders

Hello,

When opening a second window in Sublime, the project folders are always empty.

Using pretty much often the functionality of opening multiple windows, always for the same project as it is surely the case for most people, it could be great to load the same project folders in new windows.

Anyway, it’s a tautology to say that, despite a few functionalities i’d like to see some days on Sublime, that’s a very powerful tool that greatly improves the efficiency of my work !!
Thank you for that :smile:

0 Likes

Just for the record: Completely intuitively, when I used two windows, I had one project open in the one window, and another project in the other window. So it seems to me that the usage patterns vary.

0 Likes

I think my post was unclear. It is possible to add folders to the project of the second window. But it is not the default settings : it requires everytime a manual action for this where I think it could be useful to get it as default.

I don’t think Sublime currently has an option to set such a default setting.

0 Likes

Oh, it seems you are saying that you want to open two windows, each looking at a different project?

What I do is to save my projects (Project / Save Project As). Then I can do Ctrl+Command+P (Project / Switch Project in Window) to select the project for each window.

Did that help?

0 Likes

Not exactly. What I’d like to want is to open a new window and that window is automatically looking at the same project (of the first window).

0 Likes

I too am facing similar issues but i agree that Sublime is a very powerful and efficient tool.There are few tools including it which are worthwhile.

0 Likes

I had a look at implementing this in Python. But I hit two issues:

• The first problem is that I couldn’t find out how to find out the current project from Python.

• The second problem is that I couldn’t find out how to switch to a given other project programmatically.

0 Likes

Thank you for your try on this feature !

I guess that would be a good idea for me to start learning Python :smile:

0 Likes