Sublime Forum

Better sidebar keyboard navigation

Sorry If i’m just doing it wrong but one thing really frustrates me with sidebar keyboard navigation :
If i click the sidebar below anny files/folders a can then use my keyboard to navigate files/folders which Is cool.
The problem is if I have lots of files or opened nested folders and or a small screen, there is no longer anny “blank space” below the list of file/folders to click for focusing the sidebar to use keyboard navigation.
If I single click on a file or folder my expected result is to immediately be able to navigate within the sidebar file/folders with the keyboard, this is not the case. Which basicly means i have to fold all my nested folders to be able to click on the blank part of the sidebar to be able to use my keyboard, then unfold the folders that were previously folded… Verry tedious.

1 Like

If you click on an already selected file in the sidebar the sidebar becomes focus.

0 Likes

nice to know, still think this not optimal though

0 Likes

Ctrl-0 (zero) also gives the sidebar focus.

1 Like

Although I’m (really) late to reply this thread I don’t believe the regular options are optimal either, so I wrote a new plugin to handle that, reveal the file on sidebar and focus it at the same time, give it a try

github.com/miguelgraz/FocusFileOnSidebar

0 Likes