Sublime Forum

Separate the "OPEN FILES" and "FOLDERS" sections

I usually have a lot of open files per project. This means the tab bar is useless for most of my projects, so I have it permanently disabled. I switch to next/prev open file by using keyboard shortcuts anyway, unless I need to access a file by random access with the mouse from the OPEN FILES section. However, I also use the FOLDERS section a lot, but browsing the contents of it means I have to scroll the open files part out of view and then back to view constantly. This becomes quite tedious and I waste a lot of time in the long run compared to what it would be if implemented like described in my feature request:

]Make the two sections separate views with separate scroll bars (when content is large enough to overflow)./]
]Add a resize bar in the middle of the two sections./]
[list]
]Allow the open files part to grow dynamically until there is less than [threshold]% vertical space left for the folder browser./]
]Automatically minimize the open files section to fit, when shrunk by closing open files./]
]If the resize bar is used to resize the sections, keep the set dimensions (preferrably in proportion, like upper: nn%, lower mm%)./]

[/list:u]

While you are at it, please add some support for simple generic tags for VCS/SCM plugins, like “new”, “untracked”, “modified”, “deleted” states in at least the FOLDERS section.

0 Likes