Sublime Forum

Use OS chrome

I’m really loving sublime 2. I’ve used a lot of editors, ranging from the freeware Crimson Editor (a great little editor in its own right) up to Zend Studio, and many in between. Sublime is currently my favorite for many reasons, and I have just one real “gripe” with it. It doesn’t use the operating system chrome.

I will be fair here - for the most part I don’t have any complaints about the interface. It’s pretty nice as is, and after customizing my color scheme I’m relatively happy with it (some docs on that would be helpful, but I managed to muddle through what I wanted to do). And further to that, I realize that if you’re dedicated you can jump in and customize the entire UI theme as well. I’m not, nor am I a designer, and I have little interest in doing this myself. :wink:

What I would really love is a way to let the scrollbars simply utilize the operating system chrome instead of the custom tiny black ones that are there right now. I’m on Windows and the custom scrollbars I find to be difficult to use and relatively distracting, personally. I’ve seen a couple of miscellaneous similar posts throughout the forums, indicating I’m probably not alone. I noted also that the “Soda” theme has different scrollbars (although I couldn’t find a screenshot), however I’d rather stick with the default theme if possible to prevent compatibility issues with upgrading and so forth. Maybe a simple user preference that can be set, similar to the scrollbar overlay setting added a few revisions ago, that will use the default operating system scrollbars?

0 Likes