Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Load multiple files

Load multiple files

Postby jhawk28 on Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:08 pm

Minor complaint about the length of the name - "sublimetext" is so long. "sb" is much shorter for command prompt...

I would like to be able to select multiple files and use the "Open with Sublime Text".

I would like to be able to run "sublimetext *.txt" from the command line and open up all the txt files based on the common windows wildcards.
jhawk28

Re: Load multiple files

Postby jps on Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:55 pm

jhawk28 wrote:I would like to be able to select multiple files and use the "Open with Sublime Text".

This should already work, provided the files have the same extension.

For the other two, I've added them to the todo list, but there are things you can do in the meantime to help work around it. If you use bash (via cygwin, say), then it'll expand *.txt itself, rather than relying on the application to do it. It also gives you an easy way to make an alias or symlink, although you can just make a .bat file, which will work with cmd.exe.
jps
Site Admin

Postby jhawk28 on Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:47 pm

jps wrote:
jhawk28 wrote:I would like to be able to select multiple files and use the "Open with Sublime Text".

This should already work, provided the files have the same extension.

I just tested files with the same extension, and it does not work. My current workarounds include copying the sublimetext.exe to sb.exe and dragging multiple files to the window instead of using the "Open with Sublime Text" context menu.
jhawk28

Postby jps on Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:55 am

I'd got a todo list entry to add support for --command on the command line, which would allow passing data to python plugins. It's presently half supported, but only when opening sublime for the first time, it's ignored if it's already running.

re: multiple files with the same extension, perhaps it only works under Vista - it works for me here ok. I agree though that in general, more can be done with the explorer integration.
jps
Site Admin

Postby jhawk28 on Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:12 pm

jps wrote:re: multiple files with the same extension, perhaps it only works under Vista - it works for me here ok. I agree though that in general, more can be done with the explorer integration.

Could be, I am running the latest beta on WinXP and Windows7.
jhawk28

Return to Ideas and Feature Requests