Sublime Forum

Suggestion about handling shortcut conflict

I’m trust most of us encountered shortcut conflict while using sublime because there is so many great plugins and we want to try all of them.
Sometimes I installed several new plugins and found out one of the original keyboard shortcut was no longer available. This will always drive me crazy cause I’m the so-called “shortcut geek”. I will have to stop my work, browse the Sublime packages directory,check all the key-map files, find out which plugin caused conflict, assign another shortcut , then back to work.

Maybe there is a better way to deal with this situation, when Editor encounter shortcut conflicts, could it just popup a command panel, show all the possible key-maps so I can use up and down arrows to chose one of them, and I could change the key-map latter. I recently found out aptana studio handle shortcut conflicts just like the way I said. I tried it for a little while and feels pretty good. Hope this idea will make Sublime better.

A Sublime Lover.
0 Likes

I love it. And I have no idea why something like this doesn’t already exist. Duplicate keybindings are a pain in the arse.

My idea was to list all defined keyboard shortcuts in the *.sublime-keymap files, but I like your suggestion much better.

I couldn’t find anything like this on the sublimetext.userecho.com site, so I created a new request in your honor.

Everyone needs to check this out and vote, Vote, VOTE!

Handle keybinding shortcut conflicts with a popup command window

0 Likes

To prevent you from checking all the keymap-files you can use the https://github.com/welefen/KeymapManager (also in PackageControl). A feature not explicitly described: The last entry in the list shows all conflicting shortcuts.

0 Likes

Actually result is not so great:
-Some packages aren’t checked (User, Default, …)
-It does not take into account multi keys keybindings ({“ctrl+b”, “ctrl+b”})
-It does not take into account the “context” directive of keybindings.

What’s it mean ?
The popup is triggered when the keybindings are read or when you want to use them ?

0 Likes

[quote]What’s it mean ?
The popup is triggered when the keybindings are read or when you want to use them ?[/quote]

My interpretation is that the popup would be triggered when you use the conflicting key binding.

0 Likes