Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

grep

grep

Postby doug on Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:47 pm

There are only a few features I miss from SciTE. Here is one: batch search in multiple files.

SciTE supports searching for a search string (optionally a pattern) in all files with names matching a pattern in a directory and optionally its subdirectories. Of course, this is just grep, but the usefulness is that the results in the output pane are clickable to open the file in an editor buffer and focus on the found text.

Have I missed this feature in Sublime? If not, please add it!

-- e
doug

Re: grep

Postby jps on Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:03 pm

Welcome to the forums Doug!

This is definitely planned, atm for shortly after project support gets in there, which itself is very high up on the priority list. I'm personally looking forward to having multi file find and replace in there too!
jps
Site Admin

multifile grep

Postby barabadam on Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:15 pm

I've always wanted to use a regex on a set of multiple files found based on another regex.

e.g. find every instance of ^(bla){13} in every file whose name, excluding the extension (or, heck, including the extension css?), has .{3}[0-3]-? in it.
barabadam

Re: grep

Postby Nishi on Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:24 am

You may use grepWin (from Google Code), it uses RegEx for matching/excluding files/folders, for search patterns (or search-n-replace). I occasionally edit 3 000 files with it.
Nishi

Return to Ideas and Feature Requests