Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Project dir matching

Project dir matching

Postby mike on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:53 pm

I would like to propose a small change to the project popup and the way you can match:

I personally would like to see directories matching as I type. For example, lets say I have this layout in my project:
  • controllers/
    • login.py
    • welcome.py
  • model/
    • user.py
    • forum.py
As it currently stands (in 20090929), if I begin typing 'cont', the project popup will display nothing. Only once I finish typing the entire directory "controller\", will the files in that directory be displayed.

However, I think it would be extremely useful if while I have typed "cont", if I would see an entry labeled "controller\" being matched. Perhaps by selecting that entry, it could autofill my search param to the full 'controller\' string, so that I can then easily see what is in that directory.

I hope this makes sense. Please feel free to respond with any questions or criticisms.

Thanks,
--Mike.
mike

Re: Project dir matching

Postby EJ12N on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:17 pm

It used to match everything b4 and it was annoying.

To search folders now u gotta type the "\" character
so "\cont" should match ur controller\ folder
u can ignore/discard files from being matched with "-" (minus sign)

In ur case lets say I want to filter all py files in model folder but not ones in controllers u can do something like this:
Code: Select all
-\controllers \models .py

U can hide all py files -.py, etc.....
well u get the idea :)
Last edited by EJ12N on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EJ12N

Postby Anomareh on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:23 pm

I think something for being able to filter directories without having to type out the whole directory would be nice, but having it match directories and files would be kind of messy and diminish it's usefulness and efficiency. Perhaps having a designated char at the start of the string would throw it into directory match mode would be an easy implementation. Then maybe another character that would toss it back into file mode to filter files in that directory.

For example, say you have the following directory structure:

v ./
- someFile.file
v someDirectory/
- someFile.file
- someOtherFile.file

.file

Would match all 3 files.

@someD

Would match all files in someDirectory.

@someD#.file

Would match the 2 files in someDirectory.
Anomareh

Postby EJ12N on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:27 pm

Did u read my response? and is NOT necessary to type the whole folder name, what you are suggesting is already doable.

\someD .file
EJ12N

Postby Anomareh on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:29 pm

I did and was just going to edit my response to reply. Do you have to enable that functionality somewhere? I just tried filtering an includes folder in a project with '\inc' and it didn't work. Only thing that matched was 'includes\'.
Anomareh

Postby EJ12N on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:35 pm

Anomareh wrote:I did and was just going to edit my response to reply. Do you have to enable that functionality somewhere? I just tried filtering an includes folder in a project with '\inc' and it didn't work. Only thing that matched was 'includes\'.

what? isn't that what you want?
If you don't want to match "includes\" folder like I said before use the "-" (minus sign) in front of your phrase...

-\inc
will filter OUT anything that contains inc in folder names

No you don't have to enable anything, is not an option just a feature thats there :)
EJ12N

Postby Anomareh on Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:38 pm

Starting the string with a slash causes mine to match nothing in the project. The only way I can get it to filter directories is if I type out the entire folder name and follow it with a back slash.
Anomareh

Postby EJ12N on Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:12 pm

Anomareh wrote:Starting the string with a slash causes mine to match nothing in the project. The only way I can get it to filter directories is if I type out the entire folder name and follow it with a back slash.

Post ab example of ur folder hierarchy oh and make sure u start it with a Backslash "\" not a slash "/"
EJ12N

Postby mike on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:32 pm

From what I can tell, doing \someD only works when you are attempting to match a subdirectory.

So, with a folder hierarchy appearing in Sublime as "tests\functional", I can type "\func", and it will correctly match. However, if you try "\tes", it will NOT match anything (i.e. the 'tests\' directory). If that could work, I think this would solve my problem (i.e. I am too lazy to have to type out the full 'controllers\' from the original example).
mike

Postby vim on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:35 pm

one option i use is to add name:
    <mount name="\src" dir="./src" exclude=".git*"/>
vim

Next

Return to Ideas and Feature Requests