Sublime Forum

Code Complete

I’d love to see code complete like dreamweaver does.

The only reason I use dreamweaver is for this feature. If I could use another text editor, attach a style sheet and have code complete for css/html, that’s the editor I’d use.

0 Likes

can you be more verbose?

0 Likes

Sublimator, it’s cool!

0 Likes

The most intelligent editor in terms of completion — Web IDE is a new product from JetBrains, creators of IntelliJ IDEA.
Dreamweaver nothing can oppose :smile:

0 Likes

Yes, it’s very smart.

Some more features of Web IDE: jetbrains.com/idea/features/ … ditor.html
Video: jetbrains.com/idea/training/ … tance.html

Web IDE is the same like IntelliJ IDEA, but only for web development without java.

0 Likes

I totally agree! There are many good features, but that based on very weak and slow editor with a heavy interface.

In Web IDE I really like the smart completion and direct jump to the definition of class, id or tag in the CSS file (ctrl+b). But it lacks the flexibility and speed in the normal daily work of editing text and code.

And there is no minimap, multiselect and Sublimator’s Zen Coding and Web Development amazing packages :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“sublimator”]Format selection?
Rename tag?
Surround with tag?

http://blogdata.akalias.net/surround-width.gif
[/quote]

How did you do it? :smile:

0 Likes

Wrapping and formatting

0 Likes

:open_mouth:

Excuse me, but I almost did not understand. :cry:

Which buttons to push, that would do what was shown in the screencast? :wink:

0 Likes

Wow!!! :smiley:

The biggest problem of Sublime Text in the absence of good documentation and examples of its use. Because it is a different style of thinking and editing.

0 Likes

The biggest feature I saw that yall mentioned from that IDE I’d want is the pulling of images and such in the project when you’re in image tags. That would be really nice. Would be even nicer if it went a step further and worked in like PHP include/require tags and other such places.

Also on a side note, how hard would it be to toss up a mediawiki installation here? It would seem to solve a lot of the problems with lacking documentation and there seems to be enough people willing to contribute.

0 Likes

[quote=“sublimator”]There are plugins “in the works” for html/css code completion.

http://blogdata.akalias.net/css-complete.gif[/quote]

Where can I get this nice completion for CSS?

0 Likes