Sublime Forum

Quick-Edit for CSS/HTML like in Adobe Brackets

+1 Definitely a magic functionality :wink:

0 Likes

Can probably be done in a plugin. I was thinking about this as well, but I have no idea about sublime extensions yet.

0 Likes

+1 Nice!

0 Likes

+10. Such an improvement to my workflow.

0 Likes

+1

0 Likes

+1 from me too. This is a killer feature that is tempting me away from Sublime

0 Likes

I was just trying this feature out in adobe brackets, and honestly thatā€™s one feature that would pull me away from sublime, the amount of time it would save me would be great.

0 Likes

+1
Noob mod: ON
Pls pls plzzzzzzzzzzzzz :wink:
Noob mod: OFF

0 Likes

Yes, I would like this very much as well. :smile:

0 Likes

I think this future is quite good and we really need this in the future version shout out there to the Sublime Text Teamā€¦

0 Likes

Is there any update on this? This is a killer feature!

0 Likes

now imagine this feature combined with ā€œgo to symbol under cursor implementationā€. ill code c++ like a beast with this
definitely +1 from me
we should push it on userecho

0 Likes

I tried it and it is an interesting feature but I find that Sublimeā€™s go to anything/symbol is faster, more straight forward and practical in particular for html/css which is what Brackets seems to be focused on.

Once i create the HTML markup, I move on to work exclusively on the SCSS file which CodeKit preprocesses and then gives a live preview in Chrome whenever I save it, using the inspector whenever I need to check on something. Same with JS files and Chromeā€™s debug console. If I ever want to check/edit the style for a particular selector, I find it much better and faster to use go to anything/symbol to quickly open the SCSS file in question and jump to the selector I want (instead of hunting down for a tag or class within the HTML structure within an already opened document, clicking it and hitting command+k).

It is probably more useful for some other languages but personally I donā€™t really see any use for this feature within my workflow.

0 Likes

sure here goto is better, but QuickEdit is designed to present all selectors applying to an element, so you donā€™t need to hunt all of them down, also donā€™t need to think in selectors.

Sure, there are ā€œgo to defintionā€ plugins for C++ but QuickEdit has the advantage to present definition and usage at once: i find myself often working with two views, upper for actual coding and lowerto look up definition of function etc, QE streamlines this process

take a look at a quick mockup

0 Likes

+1 this would be an awesome feature.

0 Likes

Any update on this feature getting implemented?

0 Likes

+1 for this idea; would be really useful when integrated with a sublime project!

0 Likes

In spite of brackets being considerably slow the reason some prefer it is just because of the quick edit feature. That would be a great plugin if it was developed.

0 Likes

+100

Any news on this? =)

0 Likes

Wow, amazing! Unfortunately, I think that feature is not possible for ST3 for now :frowning:

0 Likes