Sublime Forum

Ability to print all key bindings

As a ST2 noob, it would be very useful to be able to print out (to screen) a list of all of the currently assigned key bindings. Ideally this would be organised into groups such as “File”, “Find” etc.

0 Likes

definitely usefull(if possible XD)

0 Likes

As far as I know, this is not possible.

However, the situation is not as desperate as may seem at first. Keybindings come in files entitled “Default (OS).sublime-keymap”. So searching for, say, “Default (Linux).sublime-keymap” in your Packages folder will tell you all the places you have to look.

The most important one to look at is the default keybindings for your OS (e.g., Default/Default (Linux).sublime-keymap). This is more or less required reading for using Sublime, and a lot more enlightening (I think) than looking at the menus, or even the documentation.

The default installation (if I recall correctly) only includes keybindings for Vintage (I don’t use it myself; good luck with that :wink: ) and CSS, which is just some autocompletion stuff. So, nothing much to worry about.

Packages you install in addition may or may not have keybindings. Except for some of the older and more venerable plugins, the tendency seems to be to avoid binding keys unless absolutely necessary. Instead, most plugins come with a .sublime-commands file which is very similar to the keybindings files (minus the keybinding). This allows you to build your own keybindings file in User/Default (Linux).sublime-keymap (or whatever), which you can customize as you see fit.

Hope this helps,
Alex

0 Likes