Sublime Forum

Change match brackets underline to border for html&xml

// Set to false to disable underlining the brackets surrounding the caret
“match_brackets”: true,
The underlining is not so clear, can it change the underline to border or background color?
PS: I mean the matched whole tag like when my cursor click in tag, itself and the matched

tag will be both outlined or change background color not just be underlining.
THX!
0 Likes

i propose that matched brackets change color! this is the only thing i am missing from notepad++. selecting one bracket turns both it and it closing partner, red, which i find very easy to It is dead simple to see. the little tiny underline is impossible for me to see, so the matching feature isn’t especially helpful to me.

0 Likes

github.com/facelessuser/BracketHighlighter

It has the same functionality as Notepad++ with the"tag_style" : "solid" option. It does various other things as well and it’s worth exploring its configuration options. (You can turn off the functionality you don’t like/use.)

Hope this helps,
Alex

0 Likes

Really, if Jon just adds the ability to change foreground color of fonts in a region, BracketHighlighter could be updated to change the bracket font color as an option opposed to drawing underlines, outlines, blocks etc. That is really the feature that I think should be added, then it could be applied directly to this request by Jon and other plugins could tap into it as well.

0 Likes

What @facelessuser said.

I was thinking of tags rather than brackets when I replied to the first two posts. Sorry.

P.S. I now understand why BracketHighlighter looks like the circus has come to town :smiley:

0 Likes

[quote=“quodlibet”]What @facelessuser said.

I was thinking of tags rather than brackets when I replied to the first two posts. Sorry.

P.S. I now understand why BracketHighlighter looks like the circus has come to town :smiley:[/quote]

I do enjoy a good circus :smile:.

0 Likes