Sublime Forum

Keyboard Shortcut (Outside of editor) built into Windows

Hey.

I am tired of right clicking on a file, and hunting down the ‘Open With Sublime Text 2’ option when I want to edit it.

I already have a number of different options in my Context Menu that make the whole menu look very scary. Here’s a screenshot of how it looks:

My feature request is simple.

Highlight the icon of the file, hit CTRL+O, and then, it opens in Sublime Text

I have started counting how many times I right click a file, and hunt down the ST option. It happens waaaay too often for my liking.

A feature like this would be rad

0 Likes

Why not just go into Properties and change them so that ST2 is the default application for opening whatever filetypes you use it for?

0 Likes

Doing that for files like .JS, and .CSS is fine, but with HTML files, I prefer the default program for opening them to be Firefox.

A small request, but one that could save many people a lot of time

0 Likes

Also, some people don’t want the default editor to be Sublime Text?

But it would still be nice not having to hunt down the option in the Context Menu when I want to fire it up in Sublime

0 Likes

Fair enough. Although on the computers where I do web design more commonly than other things, I have set up ST2 as the default and relegated the browsers to the context menu. The Pareto Principle (or whatever).

What wondrous creatures are these thou speakest of? :smiley:

I unfortunately can’t help you (so I’ll shut up in a moment). You may want to look at AutoHotKey. I’ve seen people rig up amazing things and what you’re asking for doesn’t sound too complicated.

0 Likes

@quodlibet

Nice. I will take this on board. I suppose it does make sense to put the browsers in the context menu.

And yes, I will try out AutoHotKey.

Thanks for your help

0 Likes