Sublime Forum

Find/search behaviour

hi,

would it be possible to change the default search behaviour (i can’t find keybindings for that, i know of ctrl+i)?

when you press ctrg+f and then enter, all matches get selected, not highlighted. that means that another enter deletes all matches.
this is really frustrating because it differs from almost any application i know of.

suggested behaviour:

matches get highlighted, not selected (it would be so great if this can be configured or trigged via another shortcut)
enter = next match
tab/esc = switch back to editor pane

0 Likes

I agree that the default Ctrl+F behaviour is a bit odd. You mentioned Ctrl+I, is there a reason you don’t use that? It’s what I use day to day.

Personally I think it’s unnecessary to have both Ctrl+F and Ctrl+I, I’d like to combine them into a single find panel that does incremental search by default.

0 Likes

+1 :wink:

0 Likes

what bothers me most is that matches get selected instead of highlighted. (thats with ctrl+i too)

pressing ctrl+f, “searchforme” and pressing enter or ctrl+f multiple times is just wired in my head atm :wink:.

maybe you can take a look at “e-texteditor”, i really like the way search works there (hint: realtime highlighting would be nice too).

i’m biased as a longtime e-texteditor user though…

0 Likes