Sublime Forum

Copy files from Source Folder to another location

A helpful project option that is offered in NetBeans IDE is a feature called “Copy files from Source Folder to another location” which allows the user to specify a destination folder that the project is copied to. When setting up the project this allows the user to keep his local repository separate from testing instance. For example, say I have my local git repository stored in my Dropbox folder and I’m developing a WordPress plugin. While I’m making modifications, I can have all the project files synced over to my LAMP/WAMP/MAMP/XAMPP folder. While I’m changing code I can test modifications in my browser.

This workflow is nice because I can have WordPress Theme and Plugin files stored in my local repository while working with a local WordPress instance. But say I create a new project in my repository called Sandbox where I’m trying out new jQuery ideas, these files would just copy to ./www/sandbox/jquery/ so that I can view it under localhost.

0 Likes

I used Long Path Tool, it deals with long path files. It works well to copy or delete long path files.

0 Likes