Sublime Forum

Function ctrl-click

One feature I find very useful in some of the big text editors is when you ctrl-click a function call it will take you to the original function. Are there any plugins/plans to implement this?

0 Likes

you can try ctrl+R for function list in the current file. you can also try the CTags plugin but neither supports mouse click, since sublime doesn’t allow binding to mouse buttons.

0 Likes

Yeahhh, so I suppose a feature request for mouse binding in the API may be in order?

0 Likes

I would add that while holding ctrl down, it would be nice if hovering a link would make it blue/underlined, and then you could obviously click to open it directly.

ctrl-click or F3 or whatever to “Open definition” would be awesome if it worked across files, it’s really the only thing I miss from bigger IDEs for PHP development, but I can fully understand the complexity of the matter so I don’t have too high hopes for now.

0 Likes

I have been using the Ctags plugin for some time now, and it works very well. I don’t mind not having a mouse option for navigation. You just use ctrl+] to navigate to a definition and ctrl+ to go back through the Ctags navigation stack. The only problem is that the Ctags plugin occasionally locks up when trying to navigate to a tag. Haven’t figured out what is causing this to happen.

0 Likes

I’ve successfully added Ctags navigation to my context menu. Just open Context.sublime-menu in /Packages/Default and add the following:

<separator/>
<item caption="Find all occurrences" command="findAllUnder"/>
<item caption="Navigate to Definition" command="navigateToDefinition"/>
<item caption="Navigate Backwards" command="jumpBack"/>

These items are nice for case mangling too:

<separator/>
<item caption="Upper Case" command="upperCase"/>
<item caption="Lower Case" command="lowerCase"/>
<item caption="Swap Case" command="swapCase"/>
0 Likes