Sublime Forum

Jump to key places in the document using only keyboard

Hi…today I saw this amazing jetbrain feature…the guy can jump to different places inside the document only using the keyboard…please see the video so you can understand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uhZCc0j9RY)
look the video in 14:50…he press a shortcut then over every keyword appear a letter…when he type the letter the cursor jump to that place…

sorry…my english is a crap but if you see the video can understand perfectly the idea…

thanks!!

0 Likes

I have a plugin for something like this, only it uses [di]graphs and isn’t really key places aware, it’s just stupid looking for unique digraphs to make hot-spots. I had many more ideas for this but never gotten around to it.

bitbucket.org/sublimator/volcanoes

There’s no api for modal write over labels, so this plugin just uses outlining of the actual document characters.

It would be neat to make a plugin more like in this video for sure.

0 Likes

[quote=“castles_made_of_sand”]I have a plugin for something like this, only it uses [di]graphs and isn’t really key places aware, it’s just stupid looking for unique digraphs to make hot-spots. I had many more ideas for this but never gotten around to it.

I’m going to try it in the night…the name for the webstorm plugin is ace jump and it’s inspired for an emacs extension…in this video you can check better how it works

johnlindquist.com/2012/08/14/ace_jump.html

It’s really great, I hope you can do something similar for sublime :wink:[/quote]

0 Likes