Sublime Forum

"Launch in IE" & "Launch in Firefox" Options/Buttons

One of the options I miss changing from Notepad++ to Sublime has been the menu option of “Launch in IE” and “Launch in Firefox”. These really streamlined the testing of pages as I am building them. And if it is possible to add these then maybe even “Launch in Safari(Windows)” wouldn’t be to bad either.

Thank you for the gorgeous text editor.

Dangdang

0 Likes

Hi. You might want to take a look at the live preview browser plugin;

sublimetextwiki.com/cgi-bin/ … sersPlugin

[quote]Refresher:

Will launch Internet Explorer and Firefox, and refresh on every save. Internet Explorer will automatically “follow” firefox, so there is no need to copy and paste urls between the two. Refresher is useful for when working with PHP etc and dynamically generated html.

ctrl-alt-i to launch browsers ctrl-alt-shift-i to swap between the two

Live Preview:

This is for static basic html (not php/javascript). It uses COM to communicate with Internet Explorer, updating the buffer “as you type”. There are markdown and textile modes. Just set the syntax type for the view to either.[/quote]

0 Likes

I have tried installing it and it keeps freezing up and telling me I need to install MozLab even though I already have a few times. Could it be because I recently upgraded to Firefox 3?

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes

'fraid I don’t know what the problem might be, but the plugin author is a regular reader – hopefully he’ll chip in soon.

0 Likes

This topic has been forgotten from long ago but I hope it is still okay to share some opinion. Anyway there is new software now that custom build menu option for IE or even firefox or any other browser. I have been using it form a time now and I have no other problems except Google chrome because it does not support the tool.

0 Likes