Sublime Forum

Plugin proposal/idea: "Find clashing keymaps"

I have a plugin idea that I’m quite convinced would prove useful to the entire user spectra of Sublime Text:

[size=200]“Find clashing keymaps”[/size]

My first incarnation of the idea just involved dealing with User vs Default (builtin) keymaps, but after a few seconds worth of imagination, I came to the assumption that it might be a hell of a perk if this could also account for Package keymaps. In fact, I assume it would probably help a lot of things in the package dev community. Regrettably, I’m not a programmer myself, so I’m not capable of creating this myself. Perhaps someone more competent than me picks the idea up and creates it?

[size=125]Operational Workflow[/size]

1. Parse User/Default (OS).sublime-keymaps (A).
  2. Compare with Default/Default (OS).sublime-keymaps to see which keymaps have been remapped in (A).
  3. Parse user installed packages’ *.sublime-keymaps and perform same task as in (2).
  4. Output (console?) results: include filenames and lines of clashing keymaps.

[size=125]Notes[/size]

• The plugin should be intelligent enough to be able to associate “super+ctrl+i” and “ctrl+super+i” as identical.
  • BONUS REQ: differentiate between remapped keys vs. remapped actions.

Granted, this is a rough sketch and the steps could be more detailed and specified, e.g. step 4 (results feedback).

0 Likes

https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/findkeyconflicts/7837/1 ?

0 Likes

What great timing you have! As bizoo posted, I just posted something to do just this. Take a look. I’m looking for as much feedback as I can get, so let me know what you think!

Thanks.

github.com/skuroda/FindKeyConflicts

0 Likes

bizoo: oh :blush: Thanks for the tip, this plugin seems to do it quite nicely.

0 Likes