Sublime Forum

ST3: FuzzyFileNav

I had the logic backwards. It should be fixed now.

Whatever you have your settings file set to is the default when you open the fuzzy panel. You can toggle between hidden and not hidden during your session but when you have completed your action(s) and closed the panel, it is done. Next time you open a panel, it will use the default.

I am not sure what your other issues are…are you still having them now, if so, please explain because I don’t think I understand.

0 Likes

That fixed it! Thanks. Works fine.

0 Likes

I’m seeing this behavior where I lose the edit cursor and focus when I open a file using FFN. It doesn’t happen using the file dialog, and it doesn’t happen with FFN on ST2. Any time the panel is auto closed, such as when keep_panel_open_after_action is false, the cursor is gone and typing does nothing until you click somewhere.

0 Likes

Try it now. Let me know if there are other odd quirks you stumble on.

0 Likes

That seems to have fixed it.

0 Likes

Another feature request: have make new file and make new directory recognize a slash or a backslash and create any necessary intermediate folders instead of saying it can’t be done.

0 Likes

One quirk that is not really a big issue, but something that sticks out, is if you use super+s to save a file with a new name, the contents appear selected, as if you had done a select all or had copy and pasted the file contents.

0 Likes

Yeah it is pretty minor, but I will take a look into it sometime soon and post back when it is resolved.

0 Likes

Selections and scroll position are now preserved on save as.

0 Likes

Okay, a crashing bug this time. When I try to overwrite a file with the contents of the current buffer, it hangs or crashes.

Hm, now I can’t reproduce it. I will let you know if I can.

0 Likes

I just noticed that opening a file results in no cursor, meaning you have to click in the window to do anything. I didn’t notice this behavior before, maybe it’s new?

0 Likes

@jsc I don’t see this problem. Can you give me more info on your setup? And are you using the latest version?

0 Likes

I’m using the version set up through Package Control for Sublime Text 3, Stable Channel, Build 3021. The package file is timestamped Feb 26, and the contents are identical to the version I pulled from github directly. The only packages I’m running are FFN, Package Control, and sublemacspro. I tried removing sublemacspro, and the behavior is the same. Maybe it’s the new build of Sublime?

If I click another tab, then click back to the newly opened file, the cursor appears and I can type in it, as if I had clicked on the first character.

0 Likes

The issue can only be replicated when the panel is not set to stay open after file open. I now delay the window focus a bit; it should be fixed. Please let me know if it is working for you now.

0 Likes

Okay, weird. Just reinstalled FFN from Package Control, and now it works as it always did.

0 Likes

Well, I did push a fix.

0 Likes

No focus on file open behavior is happening again. This is after upgrade to the latest Sublime version 3033.

0 Likes

I am not sure how to fix this as of right now. I will look a little harder when I get some time, but Jon has really made this hard to get working proper on this latest release. I have no idea what he is doing in regards to this, but I cannot seem to get the view to focus on the quick panel selection event. It just won’t do it. I may have some other ideas, but I am going to wait until I have time.

0 Likes

Are you guys talking about when you open a View (window.open_file etc) then set some callback to alter selections when the file is loaded, the focus wandering off somewhere?

0 Likes

Yeah, the new open window just doesn’t have focus when the quick panel closes. Directly calling focus from the selection event doesn’t work, doing a set_timeout to call it recently doesn’t work. It is really just annoying more than anything. I haven’t really dug into finding a solution yet.

0 Likes