Sublime Forum

ST3: ExportHtml

Cool, I might take @faceless lead and sit this one out too :smile:

0 Likes

Uploads the .pyc file to github Ha take that! :smiley: Alright Iā€™d feel to mean doing that so that would never happen.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œcastles_made_of_sandā€]
Cool, I might take @faceless lead and sit this one out too :smile:[/quote]

Sitā€™n is where itā€™s at :smile:.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œfacelessuserā€]

[quote=ā€œcastles_made_of_sandā€]
Cool, I might take @faceless lead and sit this one out too :smile:[/quote]

Sitā€™n is where itā€™s at :smile:.[/quote]

Here you go you sitā€™nā€¦ers? :smiley: If you come across any issues or can think of any improvements, let me know.

gist.github.com/skuroda/4965913

0 Likes

Sitting down @ linux-st3 land :smile:

0 Likes

Looks good :smile:

Python 3 AFAIK seems to auto magically open(f).read() as unicode, defaulting to utf8

Defaulting to utf8 might not hurt, but having a possibility to consistently get bytes back might be nice ā€¦

0 Likes

I think zipfile.ZipFile.read, on the other hand, will always return bytes, even on python 3?

0 Likes

def get_package_asset(package_name, file_name, get_path=False):

Iā€™d like to make a feature request ( bloody rich right?? :smile:

I want another helper that will get some arbitrary path and determine the pakage_name/file_name from it so I can feed it to the get_package_asset guy

[code]>>> import Default.sort

Default.sort.file
ā€˜/home/nick/sublime_text_3/Packages/Default.sublime-package/sort.pyā€™
[/code]

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œcastles_made_of_sandā€]def get_package_asset(package_name, file_name, get_path=False):

Iā€™d like to make a feature request ( bloody rich right?? :smile:

I want another helper that will get some arbitrary path and determine the pakage_name/file_name from it so I can feed it to the get_package_asset guy

[code]>>> import Default.sort

Default.sort.file
ā€˜/home/nick/sublime_text_3/Packages/Default.sublime-package/sort.pyā€™
[/code][/quote]

Iā€™ll take a look at the things you mentioned. If you insist, I suppose I will be a helpful developer and add that :smile:

0 Likes

I really must insist :smile: I demand satisfaction haha

0 Likes

@skuroda thanks for doing this. When I get off my butt tomorrow I am going to try this. Sounds like @castles is trying to keep you busy :smile:. I like his suggestion though.

0 Likes

gist.github.com/skuroda/4965913 ā€¦ set-py-L21

Also, you could probably cut to the chase there, just piecing together an absolute path, checking if the file exists, rather than doing two os.listdir() calls.

0 Likes

os.path.exists

0 Likes

Letā€™s pretend that I did that originally :smile: I did it in the _search_zip method. Also added a method to get package and asset name from absolute path. Updates on the Gist .

Edit: err half way. Woops. :blush:

0 Likes

Another thing, generally you wanna use try/finally when using open() zipfile.ZipFile() etc

Python has with for that: with open(bla) as file_handle: file_handle.read()

0 Likes

def get_package_and_asset(path): package = os.path.basename(os.path.dirname(path)) package = package.replace(".sublime-package", "") asset = os.path.basename(path) return (package, asset)

I want my money back! Oh wait, I didnā€™t pay any nor do I really care about windows absolute paths!

0 Likes

Or will that work on NT and Iā€™m loopy?

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œcastles_made_of_sandā€]def get_package_and_asset(path): package = os.path.basename(os.path.dirname(path)) package = package.replace(".sublime-package", "") asset = os.path.basename(path) return (package, asset)

I want my money back! Oh wait, I didnā€™t pay any nor do I really care about windows absolute paths![/quote]

Looks at my poor poor windows machine that I am forced to use for development :frowning:

0 Likes

Nevermind :smile: Iā€™m satiated haha

os.path.basename

Thatā€™s the one I was trying to think of the other day

0 Likes

I think itā€™ll be fine actually

0 Likes