Sublime Forum

ST3: ExportHtml

@skuroda thanks for doing this. When I get off my butt tomorrow I am going to try this. Sounds like @castles is trying to keep you busy :smile:. I like his suggestion though.

0 Likes

gist.github.com/skuroda/4965913 … set-py-L21

Also, you could probably cut to the chase there, just piecing together an absolute path, checking if the file exists, rather than doing two os.listdir() calls.

0 Likes

os.path.exists

0 Likes

Let’s pretend that I did that originally :smile: I did it in the _search_zip method. Also added a method to get package and asset name from absolute path. Updates on the Gist .

Edit: err half way. Woops. :blush:

0 Likes

Another thing, generally you wanna use try/finally when using open() zipfile.ZipFile() etc

Python has with for that: with open(bla) as file_handle: file_handle.read()

0 Likes

def get_package_and_asset(path): package = os.path.basename(os.path.dirname(path)) package = package.replace(".sublime-package", "") asset = os.path.basename(path) return (package, asset)

I want my money back! Oh wait, I didn’t pay any nor do I really care about windows absolute paths!

0 Likes

Or will that work on NT and I’m loopy?

0 Likes

[quote=“castles_made_of_sand”]def get_package_and_asset(path): package = os.path.basename(os.path.dirname(path)) package = package.replace(".sublime-package", "") asset = os.path.basename(path) return (package, asset)

I want my money back! Oh wait, I didn’t pay any nor do I really care about windows absolute paths![/quote]

Looks at my poor poor windows machine that I am forced to use for development :frowning:

0 Likes

Nevermind :smile: I’m satiated haha

os.path.basename

That’s the one I was trying to think of the other day

0 Likes

I think it’ll be fine actually

0 Likes

[code]>>> import posixpath

import ntpath
ntpath.basename(“C:\fuck\fucker”)
‘fucker’

os.path is posixpath
True
[/code]

Learn something every day

0 Likes

Yup I tested it after I posted. Also added the “with” statement. Hadn’t seen that before, though I still should have done the try catch stuff. Oh well though, this is why it’s good to share code.

0 Likes

Oh, wait, one more thing.

Will that helper handle nested assets? “Packages/Path/Subfolder/asset.pth”?

0 Likes

It will as soon as I fix it?

edit:
the “too” at the end was wrong and bothering me.

0 Likes

Haha, good answer

There’s also the bytes/unicode inconsistency on python 3 between zipfile open and normal open

0 Likes

Had to go take care of some other things, so that took longer than I wanted it to. Anyways, it should now handle nested assets. Also, everything is returned as bytes now.

0 Likes

I meant more this guy:

def get_package_and_asset(path): package = os.path.basename(os.path.dirname(path)) package = package.replace(".sublime-package", "") asset = os.path.basename(path) return (package, asset)

That helper doesn’t handle nested paths too well.

Your get_package_asset function should have worked with nested files before, if I’m not mistaken :smile:

0 Likes

Ah I see. I will…get back on that. Ha. No I don’t think it would. I was just looking at the top level package directory, so anything nested would have been missed. I was…umm…testing you to make sure you saw the problem too? Yea let’s go with that :smiley:

0 Likes

Unless you meant specifying the entire asset path, then yes it would have. In fact, maybe I should go back to that.

Edit:
So get_package_and_asset_name handles recursive files. I’ve added a parameter to get_package_asset to do the recursive search (defaults to false). I was thinking this may be useful if nested folders are allowed for settings. I think I’ve seen a post on this forum related to something like that.

0 Likes

Sorry, was out getting dinner. So it will search for a given base file name anywhere in a zip/folder?

Can’t imagine when I’d want that really.

Mostly I just want ability to get things like dict(pkg='Murky', relative_path='waters/salty/green.color')

Will look over latest incarnation

0 Likes