Sublime Forum

DuplicateLine and QuickRename

Hello all, this is my first post!

I’m announcing two new plugins:

DuplicateLine
…duplicates the currently selected line. It handles multiple selections (i.e. all lines with selections will be duplicated) and all selections are preserved. There is also an alternative version that comments out the duplicated lines.

QuickRename
…makes it easy to quickly rename the file in the current view.

Both plugins have been rigorously tested and I cannot find any flaws in them, but I might very well have missed something. I would be very happy to hear what you think (preferably by mail to a.stenlund@gmail.com), especially if you have ideas for improvements.

The plugins can be found at the community wiki:
http://sublime-text-community-packages.googlecode.com/svn/pages/DuplicateLine.html
http://sublime-text-community-packages.googlecode.com/svn/pages/QuickRename.html

Happy coding!
Andreas Stenlund

0 Likes

Hey all, I’m bumping this topic to see if anyone has tried the plugins out and would like to share some feedback. I have not yet tried them on Sublime 1.4, so compatibility is as of yet unclear.

Anything at all, I’d like to hear it!
Are the plugins unnecessary/pointless?
Do they duplicate features of other plugins that you use? In that case, what plugin, and which implementation do you like the best (if you’ve tried both)?
Have you had any sort of trouble with them?
Any suggestions for improvements or added features?

I can be reached at a.stenlund@gmail.com, I don’t check in here all that often.

Happy coding!

Andreas Stenlund

0 Likes

Andreas,
Both plugins work fine. The only suggestion I have is to add an ‘increment version’ to QuickRename.
So maybe you could have:

So, filename.py will have a copy called filename_v01.py.
Next time you “incrementFileVersion”, it will create filename_v02.py, but also update filename.py with the latest code.
That way you can always keep other files referencing filename.py, and always have a version backup.
Might also be nice to be able to add a quick a #overview comment - as to what was changed.

thanks,
Carlos

0 Likes

Carlos,

Thank you for your excellent suggestion! I hadn’t thought about the
versioning aspect, since I myself do that with a local hg repository,
but I do see the use of such a function. I’ll see what I can come up
with, and will post back here when I have an update.

Your feedback is worth a lot to me, so again, thank you.

Happy coding!
Andreas Stenlund

0 Likes