Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Fontofeelya - ST3 Font/Color Plugin

Fontofeelya - ST3 Font/Color Plugin

Postby eibbors on Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 pm

Howdy partners,

I have released my first proper Sublime Text plugin, a swiss-army knife type tool for fine-tuning your font and color scheme settings in creative ways and augmenting the existing system whenever possible. I consider myself a full blown customization addict, a fontophile if you will, and was driving myself mad trying to make regex color replacements and remember obscure font face names (Meslo LG L/M/S DZ on Windows comes to mind). I eventually started reading up on some Python and before long had a bunch of very user-unfriendly plugins and scripts that I've been condensing into one, user-friendly plugin, brilliantly dubbed Fontofeelya. :lol:

You can find her on the Githuber here:
http://github.com/eibbors/Fontofeelya

Anyway, I would love to get feedback, feature requests, and ideas from the community on the plugin. It 's also only been tested with Sublime Text 3 on Windows and LInux so I'm crossing my fingers that OSX and ST2 will also work. Some features I already have done, but need to refactor and merge into Fontofeelya include:

- View-specific modifiers for font settings (have not tried color scheme modification yet) which is the top priority on my development roadmap.
- Font face and font option tools along the lines of the font size/alias stuff there now
- Some HSL color based effects and a ton of experimental contrast tweaks that rely on analyzing the color scheme's fg/bg relationship

Anyone willing to help is welcome to fork and send pull requests, but may want to wait a week in case the view-specific modifiers requires an overhaul to the existing command "API". Or whatever
eibbors

Re: Fontofeelya - ST3 Font/Color Plugin

Postby facelessuser on Thu May 02, 2013 3:42 am

Just to let you know, there is a plist module to make parsing color schemes easy in python. You don't have to use regex, but it I guess it is working for you.

I did something like this in ExportHtml outputs viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6947&hilit=exporthtml&start=80#p39582, but I only applied it to the HTML output; I thought about making a plugin before to adjust themes, but I could never really come up with a practical application.

I did think though that a the ability to incrementally adjust the brightness or contrast of a theme (not the original, but copy it somewhere and adjust the copy) would be kind of neat. Sometimes when you get some glare it would be nice with certain themes.
facelessuser

Return to Plugin Announcements