Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Exuberant CTags (Multilingual Symbol Navigator)

Re: Exuberant CTags (Multilingual Symbol Navigator)

Postby SteveCooperOrg on Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:18 am

Is there any way to avoid sorting of the quick panel? I'm trying to use ctags to generate an outline of a document, but the quickpanel is always alphabetical. I the the quickpanel, the plugin, or ctags? Any thoughts appreciated.
Maybe what you're looking for is at the http://www.sublimetextwiki.com
SteveCooperOrg

Postby SteveCooperOrg on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:30 pm

sublimator wrote:So you want to have a list of symbols for the current file but in the order they appear in the document?

That's the one! I think actually that it's probably going to be easier for me to scan the whole document myself; none of them should be too big so I can put together my own quickpanel easily enough. Thanks, though.
Maybe what you're looking for is at the http://www.sublimetextwiki.com
SteveCooperOrg

Postby tgkeul on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:02 pm

After installing the ctags package from yesterday I just wondered why I got no tags for my PL/SQL files anymore. After poking around the code I found this '--languages=python'. I simply removed it and every thing worked fine. I would not use sublime without this package.

I can't imagine why you included the language parameter as ctags always identified my python files. Any hint?
tgkeul

Postby gpfsmurf on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:17 pm

Code: Select all
CTAGS_CMD = [CTAGS_EXE, '-R', '--languages=python']

Can't the language option be automagically set by matchSelector instead?
gpfsmurf

Postby vehemental on Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:33 am

Hi all,
I'm trying to make the Ctags plugin works...only thing missing to "fall in love" with Sublime....

I think I did everything ok, but the Show symbols for the current file command is greyed out all the time...with 1.0, 1.2 , latest trunk of Ctags plugin....

The rest is working fine though (jump to definition etc....)

Any ideas what could be the issues?
thx
vehemental

Postby vehemental on Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:20 pm

No I didn't try that. It is actually working...
But the entry in the Ctags menu is still greyed out.... (yes here Tools -> Packages -> CTags menu)

having the keybinding is good enough for me...but it may be useful to know what's going on...

EDIT: ok, saw you last reply...it's not just me then :D
i would use the keybinding anyway...thanks for the point to the font stuff
vehemental

Postby dfabrizio on Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:19 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to get ctags to work. I downloaded the latest snapshot from bitbucket and moved the ctags dir to my "Application Data\Sublime Text\Packages" dir. I see grayed out menus under Tools/Packages/CTags and the keybindings don't work. Is there anything else I need to do? I noticed the tags_search_paths files had c:\Python25\Lib\tags. Do I need to install Python2.5?

Thanks in advance,
Dan
dfabrizio

Postby dfabrizio on Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:03 pm

Thanks. It is working now. Nice plugin! I like that the tags are listed in the quick panel so they don't take up valuable window space.
dfabrizio

Postby chuckiesmals on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:46 pm

I've tried and tried I cannot get this to work!

I'm using Sublime 1.3, and have AAALoadFirstExtensions and CTags in my Application Data\Sublime Text\Packages directory. The bindings don't appear to do anything, and when I try to call the functions manually via: view.runCommand('showSymbols') nothing happens, it's like it doesn't recognize that the functions exist.

Sublime does recognize the plugins, and creates the corresponding Tools->Packages->CTags menu, and I can see Sublime create the pyc files in the AAALoadFirstExtensions and CTags directories. I'm at a loss, can someone tell me what's going on?? Thanks!
chuckiesmals

Postby chuckiesmals on Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:01 pm

Hi, thanks for replying!

When I dirty the file, I see that Sublime reloads the plugin and sees error, when I revert back, I see this:

Code: Select all
Reloading plugin C:\Documents and Settings\smalakar\Application Data\Sublime Text\Packages\CTags/ctags.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\sublimeplugin.py", line 40, in reloadPlugin
  File ".\ctags.py", line 72, in <module>
    @builtin
NameError: name 'builtin' is not defined

I wasn't seeing this error upon load and I'm not familiar with Python though, so I'm not sure what it means. I've used mercurial to get the latest source from bitbucket for both CTags and AAALoadFirstExtensions. Thanks for helping out!
chuckiesmals

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Announcements