Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Syntax Manager for Sublime Text 2/3

Syntax Manager for Sublime Text 2/3

Postby randy3k on Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:31 am

It helps in applying settings to muliple syntaxes and applying syntax to given extensions.

I don't understand why ST makes it so difficult to toogle the same setting across several different syntaxes. For example, if someone wants to enable auto_match_enabled for python and c. He has to create two files Packages/User/Python.sublime-settings and Packages/User/C.sublime-settings. Then add, in each of the files,

Code: Select all
    "auto_match_enabled": true

This plugin makes it easier by the considering following setting

Code: Select all
    "syntaxmgr_settings": [
        {
            "scopes": ["source.c", "source.python"],
            "settings": {
                "auto_match_enabled" : true
            }
        }
    ]

https://github.com/randy3k/SyntaxMgr
randy3k

Re: Syntax Manager for Sublime Text 2/3

Postby quodlibet on Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:12 pm

This looks very interesting! I just switched over some of my annoying settings . . . Setting a tab_size of 2 for HTML, CSS, LESS and SCSS requires four identical files!

Is there a performance hit associated with using the plugin as opposed to default setup?

I like how you've had the arrogance to put the menu item _outside_ of the `Package Settings` submenu :D

Alex
quodlibet

Re: Syntax Manager for Sublime Text 2/3

Postby randy3k on Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:38 am

quodlibet wrote:Is there a performance hit associated with using the plugin as opposed to default setup?

As long as you don't have a super long list, it won't slow down your computer substantially.

quodlibet wrote:I like how you've had the arrogance to put the menu item _outside_ of the `Package Settings` submenu :D

Hah, it is because it is not only for a package, it is for pacakges.
randy3k

Return to Plugin Announcements