Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

(ST2|ST3) SerializedDataConverter (Beta)

Re: (ST2|ST3) SerializedDataConverter (Beta)

Postby facelessuser on Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:51 pm

I'll post the old one I had this weekend; it is good enough for sublime stuff. The newer one is more solid, but I don't have it complete enough to really be useful. I'll be honest though, I don't think the YAML tmLanguage will ever be perfect. It is such a hard language to highlight well with regex, but it will certainly be better than the default one.

Anyways, I don't know when the new one will be done. I have to motivate myself to keep working on it :), but I will post the current iteration I use for Sublime stuff.

Keep an eye out for FichteFoll's project as well. I know he has taken it upon himself to produce a definitive package for working with YAML|PLIST|JSON. I don't know how far out his project is, but maybe he will have the motivation and time to take his to a higher level.

I still have a couple of things I want to workout on this package in the conversion area; I keep flip flopping on how I want to handle some things.
facelessuser

Re: (ST2|ST3) SerializedDataConverter (Beta)

Postby facelessuser on Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:43 am

Update:

- Better handling of timestamp and date objects
- Make timestamp and date object detection during conversion optional
- Make json binary backwards compatibility preservation of binary data optional
- Give options of how to handle None objects when converting to plists: allow conversion to fail, strip them out, or set them to false
facelessuser

Previous

Return to Plugin Announcements