Sublime Forum

SublimeLint (Realtime lint highlighting)

The problem is that the syntax is HTML instead of PHP. No matter what the status bar says, is HTML.
Change the syntax to PHP and reopen the file. This should solve the issue.
Yuo can check the current syntax with

sublime.active_window().active_view().settings().get('syntax')
0 Likes

I added full ST3 support and a ton of features.

You can manually check out the st3 branch if you want it on ST3. I recommend switching to ST3. I’ve switched fully and I’m not likely to backport the huge number of changes I’ve made since then.

For the absolute bleeding-edge (which is required to reproduce this screenshot), you can add the st3 branch directly via package control or check it out to your Packages folder.

0 Likes

[quote=“lunixbochs”]I added full ST3 support and a ton of features.

You can manually check out the st3 branch if you want it on ST3. I recommend switching to ST3. I’ve switched fully and I’m not likely to backport the huge number of changes I’ve made since then.

For the absolute bleeding-edge (which is required to reproduce this screenshot), you can switch to the linters branch and check out lunixbochs/linters to your Packages/User folder.

http://bochs.info/img/triple-threat-20130527-231925.png[/quote]

You haven’t run into any significant issues with ST3?
I was running both in parallel at one point, but I found it a big pain to use package control and git to check out different branches.
I have a lot of customization with settings and plugins in ST2 and wasn’t able to get a full replacement on ST3.
I did like the speed improvement, but didn’t see any significant reason to move to ST3 and add those difficulties.

0 Likes

Hello,

This is my preffered package for linting, however, I updated to the version introduced two posts above, and I stil have this problem: github.com/lunixbochs/sublimelint/pull/44 Basicallly, the loading of the curl extension requires 1 second, then when typing, or whatever, the linter is slowed down because this issue.

Also, it seems, there is no more “languages” in the default package. How can I fix the problem mentioned above? I don’t know where you call “php afile.php -etc -etc”, can you please let us know how this works? I see there is no linter for python. I don’t understand, sorry.

There is also, some sort, of auto update, can you please document this, and let us know, which type of auto updating the packages is doing? Is there a way to disable this?

Thanks a lot

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]Hello,

This is my preffered package for linting, however, I updated to the version introduced two posts above, and I stil have this problem: github.com/lunixbochs/sublimelint/pull/44 Basicallly, the loading of the curl extension requires 1 second, then when typing, or whatever, the linter is slowed down because this issue.

Also, it seems, there is no more “languages” in the default package. How can I fix the problem mentioned above? I don’t know where you call “php afile.php -etc -etc”, can you please let us know how this works? I see there is no linter for python. I don’t understand, sorry.

There is also, some sort, of auto update, can you please document this, and let us know, which type of auto updating the packages is doing? Is there a way to disable this?

Thanks a lot[/quote]

I just added the -n flag to the PHP linter. If you read the README in the st3 branch, it mentions the new external linter system. There’s no way to disable the automatic linter updates at this point. The Packages/User/linters folder will automatically update to the git master HEAD of lunixbochs/linters.

I merged the linters branch into st3 so you should probably switch to that instead. It also seems to work with package control if you add it as a manual repo now :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“Saxi”]
I was running both in parallel at one point, but I found it a big pain to use package control and git to check out different branches.
I have a lot of customization with settings and plugins in ST2 and wasn’t able to get a full replacement on ST3.
I did like the speed improvement, but didn’t see any significant reason to move to ST3 and add those difficulties.[/quote]

I wrote most of the plugins I need in ST, and the rest I care about have already been ported. Anything major you miss? :smile: The symbol/definition lookup alone is probably worth the switch for me.

Hopefully wbond figures out something for multiple branches in package control.

0 Likes

Ahh, such /User/linters/php.py, this morning I read the readme, but probably the version of the old repository. I was so confused. thanks

0 Likes

[quote=“lunixbochs”]

[quote=“Saxi”]
I did like the speed improvement, but didn’t see any significant reason to move to ST3 and add those difficulties.[/quote]

I wrote most of the plugins I need in ST, and the rest I care about have already been ported. Anything major you miss? :smile: The symbol/definition lookup alone is probably worth the switch for me.

Hopefully wbond figures out something for multiple branches in package control.[/quote]

Not sure yet, I’ve been primarily running ST2, I keep track of each plugin I “keep” in Evernote, this is my current list.

PackageManager
ColorPicker
Corona Sublime
AdvancedNewFile
SidebarEnhancements
Gist
Fetch
Theme - Soda
AllAutoComplete
Git
ToDo
WordCount
jsFormat
GitGutter
Alignment
Word Highlight
SidebarGit
Stackoverflow
SublimeLinter
FuzzyFileNav

I just reinstalled my machine, and was going to just use ST3 and see if I can build it back up or just revert to my ST2 config on dropbox.
ST3 is a big pain as Package Control seems to check out the ST2 version, and I’m not seeing the packages as a folder under Packages, but they are a file in Installed Packages and not sure how to Git checkout a different branch without manually just git cloning them all under user.

I haven’t made any plugins yet, may never, but I do have a lot I really like.

0 Likes

A bit more on topic, how does your package compare to “SublimeLinter” package?

I have always used SublimeLinter with good luck.

I tried SublimeLint (using ST3 branch in ST3) and it found 3 errors, they were all my – TODO: comments. Yet I purposely put in some garbage text as an error.
I uninstalled SublimeLint and went back to SublimeLinter, it found one error, and highlighted it 2-3 seconds after.

0 Likes

The configuration is different (for the most part, sublimelint requires zero), and there’s a slight variance in the language support. Which language were you trying to lint? The latest branch of sublimelint only uses external linter commands (even for Python, because st3 switched to Python 3).

The readme of github.com/lunixbochs/linters lists the required command for each linter.

0 Likes

[quote=“lunixbochs”]The configuration is different (for the most part, sublimelint requires zero), and there’s a slight variance in the language support. Which language were you trying to lint? The latest branch of sublimelint only uses external linter commands (even for Python, because st3 switched to Python 3).

The readme of github.com/lunixbochs/linters lists the required command for each linter.[/quote]

I was trying Lua, I have luac available in path and SublimeLinter was able to find it and use it.

0 Likes

It would be nice to have a preference controlling if the linting errors should be drawn in the view, this way we can find these quickly in the minimap.

0 Likes

Have you tried the command panel “Show All Errors” option?

0 Likes

Yes.

0 Likes

same issue as Saxi, but on C/C++ though clang is installed.

Also there is update issue with ST3, log from console:

SublimeLint: Checking for linter updates (last: 58605.76802802086s).
Exception in thread Thread-2:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “X/threading.py”, line 639, in _bootstrap_inner
File “X/threading.py”, line 596, in run
File “lint.update in C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\sublimelint.sublime-package”, line 76, in update
File “lint.update in C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\sublimelint.sublime-package”, line 26, in get_head_sha
File “lint.update in C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\sublimelint.sublime-package”, line 23, in fetch_url
File “X/urllib/request.py”, line 160, in urlopen
File “X/urllib/request.py”, line 479, in open
File “X/urllib/request.py”, line 591, in http_response
File “X/urllib/request.py”, line 517, in error
File “X/urllib/request.py”, line 451, in _call_chain
File “X/urllib/request.py”, line 599, in http_error_default
urllib.error.HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: Not found

0 Likes

Updates work for me on OS X. Perhaps an issue with an old version.

0 Likes

I’ve installed it in ST3 but it does nothing. Does it require any previous configuration or I just have to install it from package control?

In ST2 I used sublime linter and I had to, for example, install node.js to have javascript lint or give the path to my php.exe for php.

I also tried installing the ST3 branch manually with no success. What am I missing?

0 Likes

[quote=“ecco123”]I’ve installed it in ST3 but it does nothing. Does it require any previous configuration or I just have to install it from package control?

In ST2 I used sublime linter and I had to, for example, install node.js to have javascript lint or give the path to my php.exe for php.

I also tried installing the ST3 branch manually with no success. What am I missing?[/quote]

did you figure out why it’s not working? i’m also having the same issue

0 Likes

Any external linters you want to use must be in your PATH. As of Sublime Text 3, Python is also via an external linter.

github.com/lunixbochs/linters/b … E.markdown for a list

0 Likes

[quote=“lunixbochs”]Any external linters you want to use must be in your PATH. As of Sublime Text 3, Python is also via an external linter.

github.com/lunixbochs/linters/b … E.markdown for a list[/quote]

luac is in my path, and SublimeLinter worked flawless in ST2, but never got SublimeLint to work in either.

0 Likes