Sublime Forum

SublimeLint (Realtime lint highlighting)

By the way there’s a small and inconsequential bug in sublimelint. When there’s nothing selected a bunch of errors go on the console. Basically the line which causes the error is in on_selection_modified where it assumes there’s at least one selection.

A simple git diff for a fix is:

diff --git a/sublimelint_plugin.py b/sublimelint_plugin.py
index e7e3293..c56fd04 100755
--- a/sublimelint_plugin.py
+++ b/sublimelint_plugin.py
@@ -181,8 +181,9 @@ class pyflakes(sublime_plugin.EventListener):

def on_selection_modified(self, view):
                vid = view.id()
-               lineno = view.rowcol(view.sel()[0].end())[0]
-               if vid in lineMessages and lineno in lineMessages[vid]:
-                       view.set_status('pyflakes', '; '.join(lineMessages[vid][lineno]))
-               else:
-                       view.erase_status('pyflakes')
+               if len(view.sel()):
+                       lineno = view.rowcol(view.sel()[0].end())[0]
+                       if vid in lineMessages and lineno in lineMessages[vid]:
+                               view.set_status('pyflakes', '; '.join(lineMessages[vid][lineno]))
+                       else:
+                               view.erase_status('pyflakes')

As can be seen, all I’ve done is checked that there is at least one selection (using “if len(view.sel())”) before executing the code on it. There may be other work that needs doing for this, (maybe adding an “else:” that does the “view.erase_status(‘pyflakes’)” bit, I didn’t want to get that far into it).

If you want a pull request let me know, but I’m not exactly all up on github and whatnot so I figured I’d just present the patch here in code and words.

0 Likes

even a single cursor selection counts as a selection with the same start/end point

0 Likes

I’m having a problem where SublimeLint tries to parse HAML files as ruby, throwing errors in the process. Any ideas?

0 Likes

I cant seem to get this working for javascript

im on windows, and added nodejs to my path (node -v returns the current version)

When i try node it returns errors (ie javascript file contains errors), and on a correct file it returns nothing, but i dont see the borders appear where the errors actually are

Also is anyone interested or wiling to write a jquery linting plugin - that would be very very helpful with all the brackets in jquery :smile:

Any help is much appreciated

Thank you for this wonderful plugin!

0 Likes

I’m pretty sure Open Komodo has a Javascript linter written in python… I don’t know how good that might be, but it’s there. The main problem with it is …the license :frowning:

0 Likes

While I don’t know how difficult it would be (or even possible), I would love to have lint highlighting for Java.

Just a request…

0 Likes

[quote=“korgoth”]I cant seem to get this working for javascript

im on windows, and added nodejs to my path (node -v returns the current version)

When i try node it returns errors (ie javascript file contains errors), and on a correct file it returns nothing, but i dont see the borders appear where the errors actually are[/quote]

Are you using sublimelint or SublimeLinter?

0 Likes

Someone will have to write a wrapper for a checker such as checkstyle (checkstyle.sourceforge.net/).

0 Likes

[quote=“aparajita”]

[quote=“korgoth”]I cant seem to get this working for javascript

When i try node it returns errors (ie javascript file contains errors), and on a correct file it returns nothing, but i dont see the borders appear where the errors actually are[/quote]

Are you using sublimelint or SublimeLinter?[/quote]

SublimeLinter that is

0 Likes

Close all windows, then quit and restart ST2. Open the console, and near the top you will see the loading messages for SublimeLinter. If there is an error loading the Javascript module, the reason will be printed there.

0 Likes

I have added support for Java linting, using “javac -Xlint”, in this pull request:

github.com/lunixbochs/sublimelint/pull/15

0 Likes

Awesome, swdunlop. Works great. Now if only it were in Kronuz’s linter… so I could lint only on save :neutral_face:

0 Likes

Is this plugin still developed? I just see two outstanding pull requests on github, which I think are pretty useful (particularly, the JSlint integration). Just wondering whether it is worthwhile to wait for the master fork to pull these requests or whether I should rather change to a different fork…

Thanks!

0 Likes

[quote=“gregor.hoch”]Is this plugin still developed? I just see two outstanding pull requests on github, which I think are pretty useful (particularly, the JSlint integration). Just wondering whether it is worthwhile to wait for the master fork to pull these requests or whether I should rather change to a different fork…

Thanks![/quote]

There is active work being done on Kronuz’s fork, which has become the more popular choice for all your linting needs: https://github.com/Kronuz/SublimeLinter

0 Likes

I pretty much rewrote SublimeLint. The code is now far cleaner, plugins are incredibly simple, and it should never lag the user interface.

Might be worth checking out again for the developers of other versions, and for anyone who switched to a fork.

0 Likes

awesome! I’ve been faithfully waiting haha :smile:

0 Likes

I’ve put the “lint” folder and sublimelint.py into the User Packages folder, but it does nothing.
¿Is it necessary to enable the plugin or something similar?
For example, if I create a file with this content:

[code]<?php
abcde

echo $var;

?>[/code]

shouldn’t it mark the first line as wrong?

0 Likes

The problem is that the syntax is HTML instead of PHP. No matter what the status bar says, is HTML.
Change the syntax to PHP and reopen the file. This should solve the issue.
Yuo can check the current syntax with

sublime.active_window().active_view().settings().get('syntax')
0 Likes

I added full ST3 support and a ton of features.

You can manually check out the st3 branch if you want it on ST3. I recommend switching to ST3. I’ve switched fully and I’m not likely to backport the huge number of changes I’ve made since then.

For the absolute bleeding-edge (which is required to reproduce this screenshot), you can add the st3 branch directly via package control or check it out to your Packages folder.

0 Likes

[quote=“lunixbochs”]I added full ST3 support and a ton of features.

You can manually check out the st3 branch if you want it on ST3. I recommend switching to ST3. I’ve switched fully and I’m not likely to backport the huge number of changes I’ve made since then.

For the absolute bleeding-edge (which is required to reproduce this screenshot), you can switch to the linters branch and check out lunixbochs/linters to your Packages/User folder.

http://bochs.info/img/triple-threat-20130527-231925.png[/quote]

You haven’t run into any significant issues with ST3?
I was running both in parallel at one point, but I found it a big pain to use package control and git to check out different branches.
I have a lot of customization with settings and plugins in ST2 and wasn’t able to get a full replacement on ST3.
I did like the speed improvement, but didn’t see any significant reason to move to ST3 and add those difficulties.

0 Likes