Sublime Forum

FeaturePresentation: Easily isolate part of your document

While working with a large document, sometimes it’s necessary to focus on a specific bit of text without any distractions. In the past, I would insert line breaks before and after the region I wanted to focus on, but that is both slow and sloppy.

Enter Feature Presentation.

This plugin allows you to focus on single portion of your document. To activate Feature Presentation, select the portion of your document that you would like to isolate, and press a keyboard shortcut.

After editing, close the window and whatever changes you made will be applied to your original document.

Download: https://github.com/ctruett/FeaturePresentation or Package Control

1 Like

Does Sublime Text have code narrowing?

Major update!

4/14/2015:

• No longer relies on cold folding, so you can’t accidentally delete most of your document

• When activated, the selected text will load into a new view. When you close this view the changes will be reflected in your original document.

0 Likes

Whoa, this looks pretty nice.

Please consider adding an option to disable the default keymap :wink:

0 Likes

Done! Users now need to add the keybinding themselves, and instructions are updated in the README.

0 Likes

It is working, but only with consecutive lines…

0 Likes

Correct. I currently have no plans to support multiple selections.

0 Likes

New (old!) feature!

4/15/2015:

• Basic mode, which folds the text around your selection instead of creating a new window, can be enabled by adding the following to the User Preferences file:
"fp_basic": true

0 Likes