Sublime Forum

Color Highlighter

My plugin, https://sublime.wbond.net/packages/Color%20Highlighter, recently gained lots of new features, like showing colors in the gutter, highlighting all at once, costomizable highlighting style, color picker and color converters (see readme for more features and details).
Now is a great time to check out this plugin!
Also, feel free to post feature requests.

0 Likes

Thanks a lot for the package
but i ned to know (if is possible) how to deactivate the find all colours on the current document cause in big css files sublime gets very slow

(sorry for my bad english)
best regards

0 Likes

There is Tools->Color Highlighter->Highlight all style->Disabled option.

0 Likes

@monnoroch, you sir, are a legend. Thank you for updating this plugin, it is so useful

0 Likes

So nice to hear! Big thanks!

0 Likes

Hey,

The Color Highlighter plugin was crashing my Sublime Text 2, often when I selected code (nearly evertytime for .scss files). The colored wheel showed up and never went away, forcing me to force quit ST2.

It tooked me more than half an hour debugging and the problem was gone once I uninstalled the plug-in.

Hope that’s helpful!

0 Likes

Hi, I have multiple problems with your plugin:

1. Color icons are black, ImageMagick is installed and path is valid
  2. Picker process won’t close (even when ST is closed) until I Force Quit it from Activity Monitor
  3. After most settings changes any color is displayed as black.
  4. When I tried to uninstall your package and remove its folder from Packages/User - it breaks theme file, because somehow it now looks for it in non-existing folder of removed plugin

Latest ST3, Mac OSX 10.8.5

0 Likes

[quote=“Kuroi”]Hi, I have multiple problems with your plugin:

1. Color icons are black, ImageMagick is installed and path is valid
  2. Picker process won’t close (even when ST is closed) until I Force Quit it from Activity Monitor
  3. After most settings changes any color is displayed as black.
  4. When I tried to uninstall your package and remove its folder from Packages/User - it breaks theme file, because somehow it now looks for it in non-existing folder of removed plugin

Latest ST3, Mac OSX 10.8.5[/quote]

Check the Brightness Slider on the right/on the bottom of the color circle, move it to white and you should see the colors

0 Likes

Love this package - promoted in a talk I did as well in the Sublime Text Tips newsletter

One question I have for you - does this play with the colour schemes? As a theme developer I find I need to disable this package before I can edit my theme.

0 Likes

Yes, it uses a special scheme to highlight the color. A backup of the current scheme will be made.

0 Likes

[quote=“duy”]

Check the Brightness Slider on the right/on the bottom of the color circle, move it to white and you should see the colors[/quote]

Could you please describe it a bit more? Where is the slider? Can’t find one.

0 Likes

before:

after:

0 Likes

Hi guys, sorry for the noob question, but I cannot get this plugin to work. Sounds (and looks from the screenshots) amazing and just what I need, but I can’t make it work.

I get the Color Highlighter menu item in Tools, but all options are disabled :frowning:

I’ve been at it for a couple of days and I think I must be doing something wrong by now. Please help.

P.S. If this kind of topic is forbidden please let me know or delete it directly, I did not know where to post my issue and google seems unable to find the same problem somewhere else.

0 Likes

Man, I LOVE the idea and use of this plugin… but when I tried using it on the latest version of SB3, it kept freezing Sublime.

I have huge amounts of SCSS files (at least 4 open at a time) and even when I told it not to highlight any, only on click, it still froze. :frowning:

I’ll try it again on a better computer but, anyway, nice job! Just wish I could use it D:

0 Likes

I know, it’s old thread, but unfortunately plugin not working in Sublime Text 3.1.1 Build 3176 (win7 64bit) :fearful: :tired_face:
Please, i beg, could you fix that?

0 Likes

Have you tried https://packagecontrol.io/packages/ColorHelper?

0 Likes

Thanks for adivce.
Yes, it’s nice too, but Color Highlighter have:

• better and faster color picker
  • option: show the color only by hovering over the value
  • option: show background color on color value.
    This is important functions for me

1 Like

It’s not work with my Sublime too. I’m using Sublime 3.2.1 on Macbook 10.14.4

0 Likes