So, what has happened?
I have officially ended ST2 support for all my plugins. This doesn't mean the plugins have gone away for ST2, just that I will no longer be adding features or support for ST2. ST3 will continue to receive updates and support.
- All branches now have a master, ST2 and/or ST3 branch
- Package Control now points to the ST2 branch or the ST3 branch for the respective version of Sublime Text
- Master branch is the latest branch and were all development goes. So the master now is equivalent to the ST3 branch
- No new features will be accepted on ST2 branches
- I might take small pull requests for basic things like new BracketHighlighter rules for ST2, or new ApplySyntax rules for ST2 but the pull requester will be required to make relevant changes on the main branch if they want the ST2 branch to be pulled
- All new features and bug fixes and general support will be for ST3 only
- When filing an issue, I will require that the user posts what version and OS the issue is for. Issues that do not contain this info will be closed (I may post an issue explaining this info; not sure how I plan on managing this yet). Issues not for ST3 will be closed.
Hope that makes things clear. I imagine similar things will happen for future STX branches for as long as I am active in the community. I want to focus mainly on what I am using and not waste my free time updating branches I don't use anymore.