Sublime Forum

Anonymous-Profile-Sync

Hey guys,

I started writing a very basic plugin for st3, which (I think…) makes synchronizing your installed packages (and maybe settings in general later on) easier.
Say, you just installed st3 on a new machine and want to install the same packages that you installed on another machine. You could of course somehow synchronize your “Package Control.sublime-settings” by hand, but we’re all coders here, right?
Just install sublime-profile on both machines (yeah, I’ll have to do something about that name…), click Tools->Sublime Profile -> “upload profile” on your old one and copy the returned identifier. On your new machine, click Tools->Sublime Profile -> “import profile” and enter the identifier. Sublime-profile will then import the uploaded list and automatically install all packages after a restart.

I am not quite sure how useful this plugin actually is and the code does not yet have any good style (refactoring, input validation, hardening…), but I just wanted to see/learn how difficult it is to write a simple plugin (which was way easier than I expected it to be). Future features could be a backup not only of your packages, but also your settings and build-configs. Also, naming of your profiles and maybe identifiers, which one can actually remember.

If you want to, you can just checkout the plugin under
github.com/BenSower/Anonymous-Profile-Sync
and import it into your packages folder.

EDIT: changed threadname and link to Anonymous-profile-upload

I would be happy, if you could leave a comment what you think about it.

Thanks for your time and take care!

P.S.: I did not really find anything similar to this plugin, but if so, enlighten me :smile:

0 Likes

What is wrong with Sublimall ? Couldn’t you pick that plugin and renew maintenance ? github.com/socketubs/Sublimall

0 Likes

Sublimall would be awesome if it would still be maintained and not require a login…
Still, do you think there would be interest in maintaining the project? If so, I’ll try and contact the owner.

0 Likes

Personally, I’d like to see Sublimall’s reincarnation.

It made syncing ST profiles between work & home pc’s really easy.
And I liked the password protection, etc stuff.

I haven’t tried your plugin yet and also it probably would fulfill my syncing needs,
but why not pickup Sublimall (or just fork it?) and add features you would like to see in it. :smile:

In that way we could get both in a same package :smile:

0 Likes