Sublime Forum

Orgmode

The installation instructions say “Put the following into your theme file:”

What file is the theme file? I found “Packages/Theme - Default/Default.sublime-theme”, but that doesn’t have XML in it.

I’m also not sure how to start using this: I cloned the repository, and renamed it from “sublime_orgmode” to “orgmode”. I open a .org file and nothing interesting happens.

0 Likes

The color schemes one can use in Sublime have the extension .tmTheme. I’ll change the the text to lay more weight on the term “color scheme”.
If you don’t add this to your color scheme you won’t see any syntax highlighting within .org files.
For example the color scheme “Monokai Bright” can be found in: Packages/Color Scheme - Default/Monokai Bright.tmTheme

As stated above you really have to make sure to add the color definitions into your .tmTheme file.
Then you should read the two lists below “* Features” within the README.org. The first part explains which elements exist and the second how to interact with them.
For starters you should play around with the README.org file. It demonstrates nearly all implemented elements.

0 Likes

Just a little teaser on what I’m currently working at… ascii tables:
dl.dropbox.com/u/587049/Sublime% … tables.png

0 Likes

I just tried it in Sublime 2 and got two problems: enter did not toggle checkboxes nor opened links. I have not tested it thoroughly so there might be more problems.

I have fixed those two in my fork bitbucket.org/rchl/sublime_orgmode/changesets

BTW. One question. I’ve looked at Readme.org and noticed that items that have child items with checkbox have counter ([0/1]). Is this supposed to be automatically added and updated?

Never mind. Counters work and are updated automatically if it’s added.

0 Likes

Very nice, thanks!

i had problems with “enter” not working, applied Rafal Chlodnicki patches on bitbucket, and started working.

also tried this;
[sublimetext.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1838&p=18483#p18483]]

not working as expected ;p

0 Likes

I cant get this plugin to work.

i am getting the following error in sublime console:

File “.\orgmode.py”, line 32, in find_resolvers
import(name)
ImportError: Import by filename is not supported.

Any help is much appreciated

UPDATE: i applied a patch mentioned at bitbucket and now the plugin is almost working. Resolvers however are not working :-/

0 Likes

I love this addon, and I use it daily.

On my new system, however, it keeps ctrl+/ (comment line) from working in other file modes.

[code]To Recreate:

1. Download Sublime Text 2 (2139) on linux
  2. Open Sublime
  3. Change mode to python
  4. Type a line and Ctrl+/ – notice the line is commented out
  5. Run: ~/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages$ hg clone https://bitbucket.org/theblacklion/sublime_orgmode
  6. Now attemp to Ctrl+/ – notice nothing happens[/code]
0 Likes

I fixed some stuff for windows, probablly broken stuff on other os’s.

Forked to github and and included some fixes from other people in this thread.

Hope anyone find it useful.

https://github.com/danielmagnussons/orgmode

Biggest changes is;

0 Likes

I am using ormode on my Windows system, and opening links takes a very long time. Is this just my experience?

0 Likes

This works in Windows (with the problem I mention above), but I can’t get it to work under Linux. The checkboxes aren’t toggled with enter. I’ve tried both the versions by rchl and dannoffs.

0 Likes

Probably because there is no keymap file for Linux. You could just rename Default (Windows).sublime-keymap to Default.sublime-keymap

0 Likes

I had copied the Windows keymaped and renamed it Default (Linux).sublime-keymap, prior to my previous post. I also tried renaming that to Default.sublime-keymap without success. (Out of pure superstition.)

I’ve also looked in the console, but no error messages appear.

Alex

0 Likes

Correction. I get this error under Linux (Ubuntu 11.10):

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/sublime-text-2/sublime_plugin.py", line 115, in create_text_commands
    cmds.append(class_(view))
  File "./orgmode.py", line 56, in __init__
  File "./resolver/http.py", line 34, in __init__
  File "./resolver/abstract.py", line 91, in __init__
TypeError: super(type, obj): obj must be an instance or subtype of type

Any ideas?

0 Likes

Whats your default browser? i use chrome and works very well :smile:

0 Likes

@quodlibet: Same error for me (Ubuntu 12.04). Took me quite a while to track that down. Python seems to have some problems with classes in reloaded modules.

To fix it, remove this line from orgmode.py (near line 39): module = reload(module)

Can anyone tell me what this line is supposed to do? Is there any downside removing it?
More specifically: Why do we have to reload the module that we have loaded in the previous line? Does it do anything that I might need, if I won’t change any of the files after starting Sublime Text?

If you want to use the plugin in Linux, you should add some more changes. I am using xdg-open to open links and files. My changes are here:
https://github.com/BBBSnowball/orgmode

0 Likes

I don’t use the orgmode plugin these days. I use Sublime on both Windows and Linux (at work and home, respectively), so I need plugins to work in both OSs without driving me nuts.

I would like to see development of this plugin, or something like it, to pick up, but there doesn’t seem to be much interest right now.

There’s a long list of outliner/todo/notetaking plugins available for Sublime, but I haven’t found any of them to be fully thought out.

I began putting together a package that suits my needs some time ago, but (not being a programmer) I keep stumbling with the functionality that needs to go in a plugin. I wonder if there’s someone out there with python skillz and a familiarity with Sublime’s API who would be interested in hacking at an Org-Mode/VimOutliner package for Sublime. I’m pretty sure there are other people looking for something like this; they’re just hiding in the woodwork.

Alex

0 Likes

If you guys use orgmode just for todo, you may want to take a look into plain task plugin.

You can take a look at how this works here: tutsplus.com/lesson/pretty-task-management/

0 Likes

I started using sublime text as I wanted something like orgmode (but simpler), and didn’t want to use a online outliner like workflowly (though I do love it).

I also have tried nearly all the todo plugins, including plain tasks, but wasn’t quite happy with any of them. And I wanted something that would work well with markdown, and support a mixed list, of notes and todo items.

I have cobbled something together from a mish mash of other plugins. So the folding behaviour of SmartMarkDown is excellent. I particularly like the syntax of Markdone as it plays nice with markdown, and the solarized themes are nice - just need to modify them to highlight @ and # tags.
And on this thread there is some nice code for folding:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7963&p=39706&hilit=filter#p39706
And filtering:
superuser.com/questions/452189/h … ime-text-2
And this might be useful:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6301&p=30780&hilit=filter#p30780

0 Likes

[quote=“quodlibet”]I don’t use the orgmode plugin these days. I use Sublime on both Windows and Linux (at work and home, respectively), so I need plugins to work in both OSs without driving me nuts.

I would like to see development of this plugin, or something like it, to pick up, but there doesn’t seem to be much interest right now.

There’s a long list of outliner/todo/notetaking plugins available for Sublime, but I haven’t found any of them to be fully thought out.

I began putting together a package that suits my needs some time ago, but (not being a programmer) I keep stumbling with the functionality that needs to go in a plugin. I wonder if there’s someone out there with python skillz and a familiarity with Sublime’s API who would be interested in hacking at an Org-Mode/VimOutliner package for Sublime. I’m pretty sure there are other people looking for something like this; they’re just hiding in the woodwork.

Alex[/quote]

Hi Alex, i updated orgmode for sublime to work with windows/ubuntu/mac with sublime 2 and 3.

You will find it here: github.com/danielmagnussons/orgmode

0 Likes

Hi,

I’ve actually ended up using SmartMarkdown and MarkDo (the latter of these is my own concotion). But I’ll have a look when I get the chance, to see if I can steal anything :smile:

Alex

0 Likes