Sublime Forum

LaTeX plugin for ST2

Hi.

I’ve just buy a license of this text editor and I’ve followed your instructions and it works.

Now, I’d like to know to use my toolchain for compiling tex files. Considering that I use PSTricks and bibtex, che toolchain that I use in texmaker is the following:

latex -interaction=nonstopmode %.tex|bibtex %.aux|latex -interaction=nonstopmode %.tex|latex -interaction=nonstopmode %.tex|dvips -o %.ps %.dvi|ps2pdf %.ps

As you can see, I invoke the latex-bibtex-latex-latex chain for bibtex, giving the .dvi, and then the dvips-ps2pdf chain to create the pdf from the .dvi.
How can I invoke the same toolchain using your plugin?

0 Likes

I don’t have direct experience with that, but LaTeXTools uses the latexmk script to actually drive tex & friends, and you can customize the way latexmk is invoked.

Take a look at the documentation for latexmk:

phys.psu.edu/~collins/softwa … k-427a.txt

There is an option -pdfps that instructs latexmk to generate a pdf file from a ps file, via ps2pdf. Look in the relevant (“osx”, I assume) section of the LaTeX.sublime-build file (it’s best if you first copy to the User directory, so it doesn’t get clobbered by subsequent updates). Check the “cmd” keyword and try modifying the options passed to latexmk.

Please report back your findings. Thanks!

0 Likes

What do I need to change to run this on Linux Ubuntu?

I have pdflatex installed and can compile .tex files with it on the command line. I also installed this plugin, but when I hit Ctrl+B it doesn’t do anything except echoing this at this console like window:

It would be so great if I could run this on Linux. :smile:

0 Likes

sorry for my ignorance and lack of knowledge, but… how can I install this in ST2?

Thanks a lot

0 Likes

My guess would be that the whitespace in “program files” isn’t properly quoted by the plugin.

0 Likes

I had this same issue.

As a work around I went into the viewPDF.py file that resides in the C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\LatexTools\ directory and changed the windows viewercmd line to this:

viewercmd = “C:\Program Files (x86)\SumatraPDF\SumatraPDF.exe”, “-reuse-instance”]

It seems to work.

0 Likes

Hi!

I’m trying to use this plugin with Ubuntu 12.04, but so far I have not been able to compile.
I suspect it’s the same problem fjolle mentions in the second post of the thread. I would like to try the same solution, but I don’t know what file to edit and line to comment out.

Could I please ask for assistance on this point?

Second EDIT:
The problem is with the build system. However, here is a solution/workaround that works: http://elleestcrimi.me/2012/04/09/sublime-text-latex-build-system/.
It is to make a new build system: Tools > Build System > New Build System and insert the code below. This compiles using pdflatex and opens the file.
Not as fancy as the regulat LaTeXTools builder, but it compiles from within ST2.

{ "cmd": "pdflatex $file && gnome-open $file_base_name.pdf"], "file_regex": "^(...*?):([0-9]*):?([0-9]*)", "selector": "source.latex.tex", "shell": true }

0 Likes

[quote=“foxthorn”]I had this same issue.

As a work around I went into the viewPDF.py file that resides in the C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\LatexTools\ directory and changed the windows viewercmd line to this:

viewercmd = “C:\Program Files (x86)\SumatraPDF\SumatraPDF.exe”, “-reuse-instance”]

It seems to work.[/quote]

Worked for me as well. :smile:

0 Likes

Please report this issue on github. However, first make sure to download the latest version, ideally straight from github. I have been using the plugin on Windows with no path issues, on a variety of machines.

On Linux, again make sure you have the latest version. Compilation DOES work (am running it on Linux right now—Ubuntu 12.04 to be precise. Make sure you have isntalled the latexmk package, which Ubuntu does not do by default when you install texlive). However the previewer (Evince) doesn’t get launched because there’s no specific code for that yet. This has already been reported on github BTW, and it’s high on my list as I’m now running Ubuntu myself.

Marciano (developer of the LaTeXTools plugin)

0 Likes

Folks, just a heads-up: a major update to the plugin has just landed (well technically there have been a few commits over the past few days, but they’re all in now). You get:

• smarter ref and cite compretion
  • full multi-file document support for ref and cite completion (thanks to Wallace Wu and Juerg Rast)
  • project support for building and ref / cite completion, too (not yet documented, but the code is in)
  • preliminary Linux support
  • various fixes.

See the README for details (again, the project docs are still missing).

Also, another big change is landing soon: new keybindings. Just so you are prepared. As usual, check out github and/or tekonomist.wordpress.com for details.

0 Likes

More LaTeXTools news: the new keybindings are in! Go read the README file on github for details. I will soon post about the rationale for the changes at tekonimist.wordpress.com.

0 Likes

Inconsistent keyboard shortcut: Jump to Matching Bracket and Expand Selection to Brackets

When editing with LaTeX highlighting and this otherwise really nice package installed, the Jump to Matching Bracket and Expand Selection to Brackets commands does not work as expected (or or the same way as in plain text highlighting, which is why I assume this package is the sinner). The commands work perfectly on the code-snippet below,

one point (decided [to {start (and much) more} and] over). This report

but this one is another story. Trying the commanda inside the (\omega)-bracket moves/selects all the way to the \caption{}-brackets.

\caption{Plot of $\text{"Integrated values"}(\omega) = \int_1^2 E(t) \mathrm{d} t$.}

Normally I use these functions a lot, so really hope someone can suggest a solution.

0 Likes

Hm… I doubt this has anything to do with the plugin. It doesn’t modify the highlighting in any way. Also, it does not use the keyboard shortcuts bound to “expand selection to scope” at all…

0 Likes

Hey, how can I change the output directory? Preferably, I would like to place the auxiliary files in a temp folder and the pdf in the same folder as the tex file. As an alternative, I can just put all output in another folder and manually save the pdf when I want to. I tried adding -output-directory='/Users/XXX/...' to the cmd part of Latex.sublime-build but it didn’t work. Any ideas what I have to do?

Thanks!

Mac OS with mactex 2011

0 Likes

[quote=“gregor.hoch”]Hey, how can I change the output directory? Preferably, I would like to place the auxiliary files in a temp folder and the pdf in the same folder as the tex file. As an alternative, I can just put all output in another folder and manually save the pdf when I want to. I tried adding -output-directory='/Users/XXX/...' to the cmd part of Latex.sublime-build but it didn’t work. Any ideas what I have to do?

Thanks!

Mac OS with mactex 2011[/quote]

I haven’t tried using this plugin on a mac but here’s my 2 cents.

For the -output-directory='/Users/XXX/...' not working, have you verified that is a valid option for latexmk? I did a quick search for “man latexmk” and was directed to here. It does not seem -output-directory is a valid option. That aside, from what I have seen from the plugin code, specifically viewPDF.py, placing the pdf file in a directory other than the location of the tex file will prevent it from opening in the viewer. I could be wrong about that, my python is a little rusty, but I’m relatively certain that is the case.

0 Likes

Working in Windows, I have the following problem with Sublime text 2 and LaTeX
i use MiKTeXx64 and SumatraPDF How I can solve the problem?, I hope I can help

COULD NOT COMPILE!

Attempted command:latexmk -e = ‘xelatex %O -interaction=nonstopmode -synctex=1 %S’ -f -pdf E:\Users\EXZSKAOSERTSZX\Documents\9º Semestre\SERVICIO SOCIAL\Metodos Numericos ll\SOLUCIONES\Solucion Diferecias Divididas.tex

0 Likes

Hmm… two things: first, I haven’t really tested latexmk on MikTeX, only on TeXLive. [But I’d like to know if it does work well]. Second, you have a non-ASCII character in your path. Those are painful, and in fact miktex does worse than texlive with unicode. Can you try to see if that is the problem (move the file to a directory with ascii-only path name)?

0 Likes

ok thanks friend, see this is the original settings Latextool,
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/latextoolconf.JPG?w=AABmHyk3Fjobue-laIr1U4ClK6iZo0Dc4ER8uF_ZOqiQcg

the image that had probe configurations above are using the web, and the problem that throws me when trying to compile is the following.
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/sublime%20problem%20latex.JPG?w=AADWQcODGMLqblEm0gnvYYA-w0kpdFnLsi8e1hzLn5X02A

I Might help make the settings?
I use Windows 8x64, I have installed:
]Sublime Text 2 x64/]
]MiKTeX 2.9 x64/]
]SumatraPDF/]

or need most. Greetings.
I await your prompt help

Excuse my English, I do translations from Spanish to English

0 Likes

Hmm… the images didn’t come out right. Can you repost?

0 Likes

original settings Latextool,
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/LaTeX.sublime-bild.JPG?w=AABosRVeCIaqj6AltPr-T_kvVI9qUFIEZRlWENtjZJXHUQ

and the problem that throws me when trying to compile is the following.
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/Problem.JPG?w=AADaWNbVvT87QnQ03IyBMHZe6HKHADK5DHT1kMyR6T5bmQ

0 Likes