Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

LaTeX plugin for ST2

Re: LaTeX plugin for ST2

Postby bigua on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:59 pm

sorry for my ignorance and lack of knowledge, but.. how can I install this in ST2?

Thanks a lot
bigua

Postby zdar on Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:52 am

Hey everyone, rather than start a new thread I decided to just post in this one as I have the same issue as others in this thread.

My issue is this: I can only compile from ST2 when SumatraPDF is already open. If it isn't open, I get the cannot launch viewer error.

The problem is that I do have it in my system path. I've got SumatraPDF installed at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SumatraPDF\SumatraPDF.exe

as you can see in this screenshot:

And I've tried adding the following to my path (even though I know it isn't case-sensitive):

C:\Program Files (x86)\SumatraPDF\SumatraPDF.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\SumatraPDF\
c:\program files (x86)\sumatrapdf\
c:\program files (x86)\sumatrapdf\sumatrapdf.exe

Yet I'm still getting the error.

Maybe I'm making a silly mistake? Thanks in advance for any advice you might have.
zdar

Postby xeno.by on Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:09 am

My guess would be that the whitespace in "program files" isn't properly quoted by the plugin.
xeno.by

Postby foxthorn on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:44 pm

I had this same issue.

As a work around I went into the viewPDF.py file that resides in the C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\LatexTools\ directory and changed the windows viewercmd line to this:

viewercmd = ["C:\Program Files (x86)\SumatraPDF\SumatraPDF.exe", "-reuse-instance"]

It seems to work.
foxthorn

Postby rasmus on Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:52 am

Hi!

I'm trying to use this plugin with Ubuntu 12.04, but so far I have not been able to compile.
I suspect it's the same problem fjolle mentions in the second post of the thread. I would like to try the same solution, but I don't know what file to edit and line to comment out.

Could I please ask for assistance on this point?

Second EDIT:
The problem is with the build system. However, here is a solution/workaround that works: http://elleestcrimi.me/2012/04/09/sublime-text-latex-build-system/.
It is to make a new build system: Tools > Build System > New Build System and insert the code below. This compiles using pdflatex and opens the file.
Not as fancy as the regulat LaTeXTools builder, but it compiles from within ST2.

Code: Select all
{
    "cmd": ["pdflatex $file && gnome-open $file_base_name.pdf"],
    "file_regex": "^(...*?):([0-9]*):?([0-9]*)",
    "selector": "source.latex.tex",
    "shell": true
}
rasmus

Postby nilsnh on Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:56 pm

foxthorn wrote:I had this same issue.

As a work around I went into the viewPDF.py file that resides in the C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\LatexTools\ directory and changed the windows viewercmd line to this:

viewercmd = ["C:\Program Files (x86)\SumatraPDF\SumatraPDF.exe", "-reuse-instance"]

It seems to work.

Worked for me as well. :)
nilsnh

Postby Marciano on Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:33 pm

Please report this issue on github. However, first make sure to download the latest version, ideally straight from github. I have been using the plugin on Windows with no path issues, on a variety of machines.

On Linux, again make sure you have the latest version. Compilation DOES work (am running it on Linux right now---Ubuntu 12.04 to be precise. Make sure you have isntalled the latexmk package, which Ubuntu does not do by default when you install texlive). However the previewer (Evince) doesn't get launched because there's no specific code for that yet. This has already been reported on github BTW, and it's high on my list as I'm now running Ubuntu myself.

Marciano (developer of the LaTeXTools plugin)
Marciano

Postby Marciano on Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:26 pm

Folks, just a heads-up: a major update to the plugin has just landed (well technically there have been a few commits over the past few days, but they're all in now). You get:

* smarter ref and cite compretion
* full multi-file document support for ref and cite completion (thanks to Wallace Wu and Juerg Rast)
* project support for building and ref / cite completion, too (not yet documented, but the code is in)
* preliminary Linux support
* various fixes.

See the README for details (again, the project docs are still missing).

Also, another *big* change is landing soon: new keybindings. Just so you are prepared. As usual, check out github and/or tekonomist.wordpress.com for details.
Marciano

Postby Marciano on Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:13 am

More LaTeXTools news: the **new keybindings** are in! Go read the README file on github for details. I will soon post about the rationale for the changes at tekonimist.wordpress.com.
Marciano

Postby fitfot on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:51 pm

Inconsistent keyboard shortcut: Jump to Matching Bracket and Expand Selection to Brackets

When editing with LaTeX highlighting and this otherwise really nice package installed, the Jump to Matching Bracket and Expand Selection to Brackets commands does not work as expected (or or the same way as in plain text highlighting, which is why I assume this package is the sinner). The commands work perfectly on the code-snippet below,
one point (decided [to {start (and much) more} and] over). This report

but this one is another story. Trying the commanda inside the (\omega)-bracket moves/selects all the way to the \caption{}-brackets.
\caption{Plot of $\text{"Integrated values"}(\omega) = \int_1^2 E(t) \mathrm{d} t$.}

Normally I use these functions a lot, so really hope someone can suggest a solution.
fitfot

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Announcements