Sublime Forum

CodeIntel ported from Open Komodo Editor

Hallo,

I just tried out Sublime together with CodeIntel because I would love to have an good looking OS X Editor with proper autocompletion.

I relay heavily on numpy and scipy python libs. After some disappointments with getting only some completions but by far not for all functions in the numpy library I found some advice at the komodo forums that I have to build my one catalog for numpy and scipy because of them making heavy use of calls to other languages. So the way would be to create an api catalog file: community.activestate.com/forum/ … matplotlib

After doing this: community.activestate.com/forum/ … matplotlib for numpy and putting it in the CodeIntel package folder, I had still no success for completing things like *np.z *to *np.zeros * or similar.

Has anyone done anything similar and can help me?

EDIT:
The missing numpy functions are listed under “numpy.core.” though they should be listed under “numpy.” also. The numpy.cix catalog seams to be recognized from codeintel in the log file but it seams like it isn‘t used for completion probably because it is somehow formated wrong or something like this.

0 Likes

Has anyone noticed the rather large issue with css?

Autocompletion with no tabbing seems to break things regularly.

For example when doing color: #, upon pressing the # key it autocompletes to color: inherit#;

I also have some issues with closing html tags resulting in double gt’s - ie. >.

0 Likes

[quote=“jdimikeh”]Has anyone noticed the rather large issue with css?

Autocompletion with no tabbing seems to break things regularly.

For example when doing color: #, upon pressing the # key it autocompletes to color: inherit#;

I also have some issues with closing html tags resulting in double gt’s - ie. >.[/quote]

Yup. Same problem here I think. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2202&start=130#p14507

Bump. Please some help?

0 Likes

Same problem here. Autocompletion is all fubar and out of control. Kronuz, please help us. :frowning:

0 Likes

This is due the way autocomplete works in Sublime Text 2… Last I heard, Jon was refactoring the autocomplete to work better… I haven’t asked him if he did finish that or not… maybe if he did we need to make use of the new features.

0 Likes

Reloading plugin /home/user/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/python_codeintel.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./sublime_plugin.py", line 57, in reload_plugin
  File "./python_codeintel.py", line 83, in <module>
    from codeintel2.common import *
  File "/home/user/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/common.py", line 76, in <module>
    import SilverCity
  File "/home/user/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/SilverCity/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    import _SilverCity
  File "/home/user/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/SilverCity/_SilverCity.py", line 25, in <module>
    raise ImportError("Could not find a suitable _SilverCity binary for your platform and architecture.")
ImportError: Could not find a suitable _SilverCity binary for your platform and architecture.

I’m on Ubuntu 11.04 x64

0 Likes

Is it possible to extend this to other languages? What kind of file format do I have to create? Specifically, I am interested in R…

Thanks!

0 Likes

[quote=“mathelec”] Reloading plugin /home/user/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/python_codeintel.py Traceback (most recent call last): File "./sublime_plugin.py", line 57, in reload_plugin File "./python_codeintel.py", line 83, in <module> from codeintel2.common import * File "/home/user/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/common.py", line 76, in <module> import SilverCity File "/home/user/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/SilverCity/__init__.py", line 1, in <module> import _SilverCity File "/home/user/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/SilverCity/_SilverCity.py", line 25, in <module> raise ImportError("Could not find a suitable _SilverCity binary for your platform and architecture.") ImportError: Could not find a suitable _SilverCity binary for your platform and architecture.

I’m on Ubuntu 11.04 x64[/quote]

Up please, I need it so much

0 Likes

I would like to add the Wordpress Completition offered in this TextMate package github.com/Gipetto/wordpress.tm … ADME.mdown

Is it possible to add new functions to CodeIntel?

Does anyone know of any good method I could port that package to ST2? I am willing to spend time on it, but I don’t know were to start.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Hi! I am on OSX . Sorry for missing that info.

0 Likes

Any word on Jon fixing autocompletion? Really throws a cramp in my day when autocomplete is jacked up.

0 Likes

Hi!
I’m trying to see “Jump to Definition” into action, but :frowning:

I’ve installed CodeIntel via Package Control, and if I type "import " the autocomplete popup appears. But nothing happens if i type ⌘J.

Furthermore if I:
• open Default (OSX).sublime-keymap,
• put my caret on “slurp_find_string”,
• press ⌘f3.
Nothing happens.
Nor if I ⌥click on “slurp_find_string”.

What am I missing?

TIA

bblue

0 Likes

… maybe CodeIntel doesn’t work in JSON mode?

Is there another way to jump to the definition of a command JSON mode?

:blush:

bblue

0 Likes

hi all,
i’ve just installed sublime text 2 dev 2132 for win x64 and then PackageControl

now, it’s the first time that i use CodeIntel but i can’t manage to do anything…it’s a problem og mine (maybe i’m too much dumb XD) or there is some compatibles issue?

ty for any answer and sry for my bad eng

0 Likes

Up please, I need it so much[/quote]

Same error on Ubuntu Linux 2.6.38-11-generic x86_64

0 Likes

Up please, I need it so much

Same error on Ubuntu Linux 2.6.38-11-generic x86_64[/quote]

I quote myself =)

You can solve this error following this structions (github.com/Kronuz/SublimeCodeIn … nt-2148739):

• On terminal go to SublimeCodeIntel source directory
  • sudo apt-get install libpcre+±dev
  • chmod 777 ./build.sh
  • ./build.sh

It works for me :wink:

0 Likes

[quote=“Fed03”]hi all,
i’ve just installed sublime text 2 dev 2132 for win x64 and then PackageControl

now, it’s the first time that i use CodeIntel but i can’t manage to do anything…it’s a problem og mine (maybe i’m too much dumb XD) or there is some compatibles issue?

ty for any answer and sry for my bad eng[/quote]

no one have this problem? maybe i miss something?

0 Likes

Amazing plugin!, but it freezes or flies out without any errors, even with disabled live autocompletion. :cry:
and needs editor restart. =(

CodeIntel - git cloned. today.
SL Build 2126
Linux 2.6.32-34-generic #77-Ubuntu x86_64 GNU/Linux

0 Likes

Can you try with the latest dev build of Sublime ? Earlier SublimeText builds have a critical bug that affects SublimeCodeIntel, causing crashes.

0 Likes

I’ve tried with Build 2133 - same result. =(
And one important thing, on first autocomplete it freezes for…i dont know, i’ve waited around 6-7 minutes and have to restart editor.
About project - it is clean project based on Yii framework(php lang).

Tested on two different linux distros(Ubuntu and Older Ubuntu :wink: ) on laptop and work computer.

0 Likes