Sublime Forum

CodeIntel ported from Open Komodo Editor

[quote=ā€œcharlesroperā€]@Kronuz Iā€™ve created a screencast which might make it clearer:

dl.dropbox.com/u/256478/screenca ā€¦ 2_1625.swf

While Iā€™m here, I have another question: how do I add support for a new syntax (SCSS)? It would basically be the same as CSS with a few extras. In fact, could I simply add the .scss extension to make CodeIntel class it as a CSS file?[/quote]

Nice screencast.
But I see you forgot to register your Sublime Text copy :wink:

0 Likes

@Kronuz The screencast was done in Jing. Itā€™s free and pretty useful. I might have a crack at doing a full one, but donā€™t hold your breath as Iā€™m finishing off a big project here at work (and procrastinating by visiting these forums!) :unamused:

@bizoo I didnā€™t forget. I tried to register some time ago, but Jon doesnā€™t accept anything other than PayPal, which we canā€™t use here because it rejects the company credit card. Iā€™m going to have another go at some point soon, just havenā€™t gotten around to it. :smile:

0 Likes

@Kronuz Are you submitting pull requests back to Mario Ricalde, who is maintainer of the ā€˜officialā€™ SCSS bundle? I see yours is derived from his, only itā€™s not forked from his repo. Seeing as his bundle is linked from the Sass site, it would be great if your changes were added in. I had no idea your improved version existed!

0 Likes

I have the same problem as guillermooo i think. The indexing time increased very much and it takes now for about 30 min. with maximum cpu usage, only to index the dojo javascript library which is included in my project. I end up with about 1000 directories within ~/.codeintel/db/javascript and lots of performance warnings in the log file like:

JavaScript extra lib dirs: set()
event: This buffer is configured with 816 JavaScript import dirs: this may result in poor completion performance

Dojo is included as a .cix file in SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/catalogs/dojo.cix and doesnā€™t need to be indexed at all. In older versions of the plugin this didnā€™t happen. Is it possible to exclude directories?

0 Likes

Iā€™ve worked out s few problems in SublimeCodeIntel, and new version should work a bit better. For anyone interested, get the latest from Github (github.com/Kronuz/SublimeCodeIntel).

0 Likes

Nice to see you back and working on the plugin :wink:

I still have the same problems with javascript. It would be nice if the automatic scanning of project folders could be optional.

0 Likes

@sublimator, that was an old problemā€¦ please pull the latest from github :wink:

@senzo you too, try the latest and let me knowā€¦ post log files too plz :smiley:

0 Likes

@sublimator no, pull should do itā€¦ however that error is an old one (fixed in githubā€™s master)ā€¦ the line numbers marked donā€™t even contain that code anymore (check the file online at github)ā€¦ actually simply ā€œgit pullā€ should do itā€¦

0 Likes

Iā€™m not able to get anything working with any JavaScript libraries. Just seems to index forever (with 100% CPU usage).

0 Likes

So it finally finished, however Iā€™m not sure where it has scanned. It seems to have scanned the whole HDā€¦

Where is the indexed content stored?

0 Likes

It is still not working with javascript for me. You can try it out if you download the dojotoolkit from here:
download.dojotoolkit.org/release ā€¦ .1-src.zip
Create an empty ST2 project, put the dojotoolkit in the project folder, open any .js file and type 'dojo.(ctrl + space)"

And another point besides the scanning of .js files: There is a dojo.cix file in /SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/catalogs/dojo.cix
So there is no need to scan the dojotoolkit folder at all - the project specific files have to scanned of course. I am not sure how this can be achieved, maybe by excluding directories manually?

0 Likes

Iā€™ve this error under Ubuntu 11.04 x86_64 kernel 2.6.38-10-generic =(

Traceback (most recent call last): File ".\logging\__init__.py", line 768, in emit File ".\logging\__init__.py", line 648, in format File ".\logging\__init__.py", line 436, in format File ".\logging\__init__.py", line 306, in getMessage UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 23: ordinal not in range(128)

0 Likes

I added a screencast at Jing for showing the features off:
screencast.com/t/wXFuTAvDRg

EDIT: sorryā€¦ new to screencast, posted the wrong URL :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

@sublimator, Indeed thereā€™s great stuff in OpenKomodo. They also have linting stuffā€¦ but Iā€™m now using SublimeLintā€¦

@xavi, that seems like an encoding problemā€¦ but it doesnā€™t seem to come directly from SublimeCodeIntelā€¦ itā€™s a weird traceback :S
Does your source code contains special characters?

@senzo, I can see the problem occurring here (for dojo) ā€¦but I canā€™t find out what it isā€¦ the dojo CIX library included with SublimeCodeIntel is for dojo 1.5 and your link is for 1.6. Iā€™m not sure if that can be the cause or if itā€™s something elseā€¦

Always pull the latest SublimeCodeIntelā€¦ and if anyone is experiencing issues or problems running SublimeCodeIntel in any platform, please let me know at github.com :smile:

0 Likes

Howdy! Iā€™m trying to try out CodeIntel, but for some reason, it is trying to load the OS X versions of the prebuilt libraries and subsequently the CodeIntel plugin fails to initialize. Iā€™m on an up-to-date Arch Linux x86-64 system, using the latest Sublime build and my copy of CodeIntel is at the latest commit (71cf6ae as of this writing). Here is the relevant bit of the log log from the Sublime console:

Reloading plugin /home/nerdshark/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/python_codeintel.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./sublime_plugin.py", line 29, in reload_plugin
  File "./python_codeintel.py", line 86, in <module>
    from codeintel2.common import *
  File "/home/nerdshark/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/common.py", line 76, in <module>
    import SilverCity
  File "/home/nerdshark/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/SilverCity/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    import _SilverCity
  File "/home/nerdshark/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/SilverCity/_SilverCity.py", line 22, in <module>
    from _macosx_universal._SilverCity import *
ImportError: /home/nerdshark/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/_macosx_universal/_SilverCity.so: invalid ELF header

Iā€™m really excited to get this working, as Iā€™ll be able to switch from my comparatively uncomfortable gvim config!

TIA,
nerdshark

Edit: After hacking on SublimeCodeIntel/libs/SilverCity/_SilverCity.py and allowing the ImportError to be raised on import of the linux x86_64 libs, I discovered that something was trying to load a version of the pcre shared library that didnā€™t exist on my system.

Reloading plugin /home/nerdshark/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/python_codeintel.py Traceback (most recent call last): File "./sublime_plugin.py", line 29, in reload_plugin File "./python_codeintel.py", line 86, in <module> from codeintel2.common import * File "/home/nerdshark/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/codeintel2/common.py", line 76, in <module> import SilverCity File "/home/nerdshark/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/SilverCity/__init__.py", line 1, in <module> import _SilverCity File "/home/nerdshark/.config/sublime-text-2/Packages/SublimeCodeIntel/libs/SilverCity/_SilverCity.py", line 10, in <module> from _linux_libcpp6_x86_64._SilverCity import * ImportError: libpcre.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Creating a symlink from /usr/lib/libpcre.so to /usr/lib/libpcre.so.3 gets CodeIntel to load. Now, the question is, why is CodeIntel linking to a specific version of pcre? Wouldnā€™t it be better to link to the copy of the library that doesnā€™t have the version in its filename?

0 Likes

@nerdshark, the problem here is the pre-built linux binaries arenā€™t compatible againā€¦ Iā€™m not sure if Jon changed something and thatā€™s the reason or if your Linux is causing the problems :frowning:

Iā€™ll ask Jon to see if he changed anything (since he built the Linux and windows binaries for me). I wish Linux would use a standard python distribution as these problems would be reducedā€¦ In exchang for a couple extra megabytes at the most, I would think.

0 Likes

@nerdshark, Jon just hinted me about what the problem isā€¦ it seems itā€™d be fixed if you install libpcreā€¦ since itā€™s a dependency at the moment.

0 Likes

I DO have it installed. The problem is that it looks for a specific version of pcre (libpcre.so.3), rather than one without the version in the filename (libpcre.so). Changing that should make everything hunky-dory.

0 Likes

@nerdshark, could you try making a symbolic link called libpcre.so.3 to libpcre.so or whatever version you have (hopefuly itā€™ll work)ā€¦ and please, let me know if it does work. :smile:

0 Likes

Yes, I tried that and it works. Created the symlink from /usr/lib/libpcre.so to /usr/lib/libpcre.so.3 fixes the issue. Now all that needs to be fixed is how the library is being built so that it links against libpcre.so rather than libpcre.so.3

0 Likes