Sublime Forum

CodeIntel ported from Open Komodo Editor

Good to see you’ve got binaries compiled! I’m still having the same error as before, however, on Fedora Core 64-bit. I get: “ImportError: Could not find a suitable _SilverCity binary for your platform and architecture.” Am I missing any steps?

0 Likes

Hello,

Can you update your repository (git pull origin master) ? I just updated for x86_64 libs (the ones in the repo did not work for some reason on Archlinux x86_64).

These libs (.so) fixes it (it is working great on Archlinux x86_64 here).

Thanks !

0 Likes

Hmm, I tried that, and I still get the same error. I’d build it here, but this is a machine I don’t have root access to.

0 Likes

Hey guys,

This package seems awesome.

I have however, found a bug (or feature). I downloaded CodeIntel directly from Github using Mercurial with the hg-git extension and couldn’t get CodeIntel to work (just kept saying it was building the cache–“don’t despair”). I left the package working for 6 hours and it still had not finished.

By now, almost despairing, I decided to see if there were any permission issues (I’m running Windows 7 Ultimate x64), so I ran SysInternals ProcMon to see what was going on. I found thousands of requests to the folder: “C:.git\refs\heads\master”.

Just to see what would happen I created that folder tree it was looking for and CodeIntel IMMEDIATELY started to work (thought there are still errors coming up in the Sublime Text 2 console.

I have filed a bug report / issue on Github at: https://github.com/Kronuz/SublimeCodeIntel/issues/17

I hope this helps someone else out :smile:

0 Likes

Can someone please help me? This looks awesome (like… my dream), but I can’t get it working right. Basically it doesn’t respond at all or do any IntelliSense like in this video. Also, I can press certain key combinations or click on keywords and the Sublime status bar will say: “Info: Updating Indexes… The first time this can take a while. Do not despair!” It will say that for hours, so I don’t think it’s actually fetching or updating anything.

I’m on Vista 32-bit. I downloaded the zip and put the contents into: C:\Users\aple\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\SublimeCodeIntel (I renamed the folder in the zip from Kronuz-SublimeCodeIntel-6f24b08 to SublimeCodeIntel - is that okay?)

Here is my configuration file: http://pastie.org/2396560

I read here that you’re supposed to update this config file to point to relevant libraries for the languages you want, but I’m not really sure what to put in there. I know the …/Contents/MacOS path is wrong, but I’m not sure where to get these libraries or where to put them on my hard drive (I know… I suck).

Basically I want these libraries with IntelliSense: CSS, jQuery, JS, PHP, WordPress & Drupal (if they exist), Python 2, Python 3, and Django.

Any help with getting this all setup would tickle me to death. I’ve read through this entire thread and looked other places for help, but just can’t figure it out. Thanks a lot guys. Just discovered ST2 and once I get this plugin working, I’ll never switch IDE’s again. :smile:

0 Likes

Same problem here, windows7 home premium 64bits, freeze on updating indexes and cpu goes to 80%.

0 Likes

I just finally updated the Windows binaries. I had to make a virtual machine with Windows and stuff, but it’s now done! :smiley: For those using SublimeCodeIntel in windows, pleas pull the latest.

0 Likes

Kronuz, I know I’m acting like a baby, but I just can’t figure out how to get this plugin working correctly. Could you please explain to me and other Windows users how to get this working like we’re 5-year-olds?

Plugin looks awesome. I just can’t get it to work. I think I’m missing some key step in the process. :frowning:

0 Likes

Works for me :smiley:

0 Likes

Hi,

congratulations for your work, this plugin is pretty good.

Is it possible to you implement a function like “quick documentation lookup” for standard language methods?

I mean, we already have the tooltips on the bottom bar, but for some more complicated functions is pretty hard to understand the tip in one single line without any formatting, etc.

It could be a huge boost to present that information in a popup window (like in some texmate bundles) or in the console. I mean, tooltips on bottom bar are ok, but if we could have another option to see that automatically (or by key binding) on the console or in a popup with pretty formatting that would be much more simple to read and understand.

0 Likes

There is no API for tooltips though.

0 Likes

@jbrooksuk, yes, tooltips would be a very nice addition (Plugin Tooltips)…

Please vote for this: sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/54838-/ :smiley:

0 Likes

[quote=“Kronuz”]@jbrooksuk, yes, tooltips would be a very nice addition (Plugin Tooltips)…

Please vote for this: sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/54838-/ :smiley:[/quote]

That would be great!

And what about displaying the info on the console panel?

0 Likes

Right now the info it’s being shown in the status bar… but it looks cluttered and ugly (not to mention cropped)… tooltips here are the ideal solution.

@sublimator, what do you mean? for what language?

0 Likes

Hi everyone,

i’m new with ST2.
I’ve just installed ST2 b2111, Package Control and SublimeCodeIntel via Package Control… but no way to use this plugin.
neither keybindings nor mousebindings work in my ubuntu 11.04.

WTF ?

0 Likes

[quote=“marmotz”]Hi everyone,

i’m new with ST2.
I’ve just installed ST2 b2111, Package Control and SublimeCodeIntel via Package Control… but no way to use this plugin.
neither keybindings nor mousebindings work in my ubuntu 11.04.

WTF ?[/quote]

do you have this in yours base file settings?

"codeintel_live": true,

0 Likes

[quote=“joaodrp”]
do you have this in yours base file settings?

"codeintel_live": true, [/quote]

No.
I just add these line but it still does not work.
In a PHP class, I type “$this->” and then ctrl + space and it displays all the PHP functions.
Same thing, after an object creation or if I want to call a static method.

I don’t understand…

0 Likes

IT’S OK \o/

I’ve got a problem with SilverCity :smile:
I had to install python-dev and rebuild libs and it’s working :smile:

However, static methods are still not working :-/
I do not know if this is normal or not

0 Likes

I forgot to post this after I got it working:

This plugin rocks. So much. Thank you so much.

0 Likes

How do I install this?

0 Likes