Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Sniptastic

Sniptastic

Postby lunixbochs on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:25 am

The snippet menu is hard to navigate. It's filled with contextually-useless snippets. I don't know that I've ever inserted Scala snippets in the middle of Python.

Enter Sniptastic.

Sniptastic is a context-sensitive, searchable snippets panel. You only see the snippets Sublime would insert, not the whole list from all the languages you never use. You see the tab shortcut, snippet description, and a preview of the snippet code.

Get Sniptastic.

Take a look at the README for installation instructions. The default activation hotkey is "ctrl+super+s" (super is the windows, meta, or, command key). If you feel like changing the key binding, just look for "ctrl+super+s" in the sublime-keybind file and change as you desire.

@Jon: why is the quick panel not fixed-width font and has no tab stops? :) either of those would be nice in at least the secondary rows... could make plugins like this prettier.
Last edited by lunixbochs on Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lunixbochs

Re: Sniptastic

Postby jbrooksuk on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:53 am

Ah... This is awesome!

Contextual awareness too!
jbrooksuk

Postby lunixbochs on Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:46 am

turns out the command palette (cmd+shift+P) searches context-sensitive snippets as well (try the 'snip' keyword), *but* doesn't give a code preview and is mixed with other options. so this plugin still has a place.
lunixbochs

Postby nobleach on Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:17 pm

I wasn't able to get this to work. I'm using 2076 on Ubuntu Linux. I've tried remapping the shortcut, but it sill does nothing.
nobleach

Postby ceej on Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:31 pm

Great plugin.... one thing i noticed, it doesn't pull up the snippets for coffeescript.... but in the command palette they show and they also work with tab.... any ideas?

It also looks like I don't see all the tab snippets either....
ceej

Postby lunixbochs on Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:33 am

ceej wrote:Great plugin.... one thing i noticed, it doesn't pull up the snippets for coffeescript.... but in the command palette they show and they also work with tab.... any ideas?

It also looks like I don't see all the tab snippets either....
are the missing snippets inside a tmBundle?
you have two options for a snippet not showing: either the current code didn't match the snippet's scope selector, or the snippet wasn't in a search path and not loaded by the plugin.
if you can tell me how/where exactly the snippet is installed, and give me examples of broken snippets, I can better test

if they were installed via tmBundle, see if the latest commit fixes it
lunixbochs

Postby ceej on Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:59 pm

It's just not showing the Sniptastic menu at all when you hit they key comb for coffeescript, php is fine etc... the coffeescript snippets are there in the normal menu http://screencast.com/t/ekwGeszN and are in my packages like http://screencast.com/t/CxhqhVnFes

any ideas?
ceej

Return to Plugin Announcements