Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

Package Control: A full-featured package manager

Re: Package Control: A full-featured package manager

Postby atomi on Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:51 pm

I've tried installing Package Control (to grab this plugin) a couple of times now.

Following install directions, here is the error I receive at restart of ST2-2102 on my Win7x64 platform:
Image.

But the Package Control.sublime-settings file is not in the User folder.

For indexing :)
Code: Select all
Package Control: Unable to find git.exe. Please set the git_binary setting in st2\Data\Packages\User\Package Control.sublime-settings.
atomi

Postby wbond on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:18 pm

atomi wrote:I've tried installing Package Control (to grab this plugin) a couple of times now.

Following install directions, here is the error I receive at restart of ST2-2102 on my Win7x64 platform:
Image.

But the Package Control.sublime-settings file is not in the User folder.

I should improve the error messaging there to point to the preferences menu. If you go to the Preferences > Package Settings > Package Control > Settings – User menu entry, it will open that file in the User directory that you can then edit and save.
wbond

Postby wbond on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:45 pm

Package Control 1.1.2 is out with improved handling of custom git and hg paths, better git_binary and hg_binary error messaging and C:\cygwin\bin is now also searched when running on Windows.
wbond

Postby wbond on Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:23 pm

If Package Control is no longer working after restarting Sublime Text or upgrading to build 2103, it is due to a bug on my part with the upgrade procedure. Package Control simply needs to be reinstalled by following the install instructions. Version 1.1.3 has fixed the bug, so you should not need to repeat this process again.
wbond

Postby wbond on Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:11 pm

Kronuz was very receptive to the idea of renaming his fork, which is now called SublimeLinter. Both SublimeLinter (by Kronuz) and SublimeLint (by lunixbochs) are now available via Package Control.
wbond

Postby joaodrp on Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:20 pm

wbond wrote:Kronuz was very receptive to the idea of renaming his fork, which is now called SublimeLinter. Both SublimeLinter (by Kronuz) and SublimeLint (by lunixbochs) are now available via Package Control.

And what are the differences between them?
joaodrp

Postby jbrooksuk on Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:07 am

I uploaded SublimeWebColors to GitHub so you can install with the package manager :)
jbrooksuk

Postby wbond on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:10 pm

joaodrp wrote:And what are the differences between them?

From what I understand the internals are different between the two, and some people have indicated that performance varies between the two. SublimeLinter includes Objective-J support. sublimelint is turned on all the time, while SublimeLinter has to be turned on and can be run manually.

I has to mess around with my php ini settings before they started working since short_open_tag was off locally. Both seemed to "just work" for Python, but SublimeLinter includes PEP8 checking by default. I believe it can be disabled.

For more information you can use the Discover Packages commend and visit the pages.
wbond

Postby wbond on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:11 pm

jbrooksuk wrote:I uploaded SublimeWebColors to GitHub so you can install with the package manager :)

It has been added to the default channel. Just don't forget to add a key binding for us linux users! The same one as Windows is usually appropriate.
wbond

Postby jbrooksuk on Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:30 pm

wbond wrote:
jbrooksuk wrote:I uploaded SublimeWebColors to GitHub so you can install with the package manager :)

It has been added to the default channel. Just don't forget to add a key binding for us linux users! The same one as Windows is usually appropriate.

Sweet! Thanks. I'll get a Linux one committed now.
jbrooksuk

PreviousNext

Return to Plugin Announcements