Sublime Forum

SublimeTagmatcher

Is just me or ST2 become better and better on each day?

0 Likes

Not until Jon will add brackets costumization way!!!

0 Likes

This is great! Should be in SublimeText2 itself :wink:

0 Likes

Hi, I’ve just submitted an issue.

Closing tags will only be outlined if the tag is followed by a space or new line.

The following examples will outline the closing tag:

[code]<a href"#">link

• link
  • [/code]

The following examples will not outline the closing tag:

[code]link

• link
  • [/code]
    0 Likes

[quote=“skaet”]Hi, I’ve just submitted an issue.

Closing tags will only be outlined if the tag is followed by a space or new line.

The following examples will outline the closing tag:

[code]<a href"#">link

• link
  • [/code]

The following examples will not outline the closing tag:

[code]link

• link
  • [/code][/quote]

Fixed Issue, as well as Smart Template issue

0 Likes

Just wanted to say that I bloody love this! Thank you so much for creating it - I don’t know how I lived without it before.

Cheers

0 Likes

Did some bug fixes and added multi select support.

Ctrl + Click multiple elements at a time.

0 Likes

Added ability to customize highlight settings.

0 Likes

I’m getting some interesting performance issues that are easy to reproduce in context but difficult to isolate to submit an issue.

The problem seems to be happen when opening a tag in a particular place, causing ST2 to hang for an extended period and use 50% CPU during that time. I’ll update this with more information after further testing.

0 Likes

I had the same problems today when editing a looooooog ruby file. When i tried to do some search, Sublime just hang and used 100% of cpu.

0 Likes

+1 SublimeTagmatcher seems to have a problem editing large files. ST2 started hanging (after installing couple of plugins) when editing very long files, so I moved my ‘Packages’ folder, restarted ST2 (simulating a fresh install) and then I started dropping each plugin one after the other (editing a long css file each time i restarted ST2), every thing was fine until I dropped in the SublimeTagmatcher plugin, ST2 started hanging when editing the long file (using almost 100% of cpu).

0 Likes

I have this problem too. This happens with Sublime Brackets too.

0 Likes

Yes, I have found that html and css files of only a few hundred lines are having issues. However, some tags don’t cause the hangups while others do. I mentioned it was hard to pinpoint exactly what and where the problem lies, as well as how to reproduce it reliably between different files.

0 Likes

I registered just to say thank you for developing this. It has been the main reason for me not switching over from notepad++ and if all bugs can be resolved, I may make the jump.

Thanks again!

0 Likes

Hi all!

As others said before this is a really cool and usefull plugin, and after testing it I have the same problem: With large files it relentizes a lot the editor. I think in files with more than 100 lines aprox. it starts to be really slowly. I don’t know if it will be solved in future versions or if it’s not possible.

Anyway, one possible ‘fast’ solution:

• It’s possible to have something like an ‘extensions blacklist’ where put some extension files where don’t execute the plugin? It would be really nice, because in my case I have really long css files but smaller templates files. And where I find really usefull this plugin is with the templates files.

Thanks!!

0 Likes

Thanks for the neat plug-in. Makes finding ‘that missing ending tag’ much easier!

0 Likes

Thought to provide some feedback on this.
    On large CSS files (7000 lines for an example), typing in new code is veery slow with this plug-in enabled.
    Tried this on both OSX and Windows 7 and it behaves the same on both platforms, even on powerful systems.

Is this checking for the matching tags at each key-stroke ?
    Just wondering which would be the best patch for this behavior, such that other users can use it without any blockers.

Let me know your thoughts on this.

0 Likes

Having a 7000 lines css file is an issue by itself, no matter what plugins or editor are you using. :open_mouth:

0 Likes

The problem with this plugin and large files is currently how this plugin is implemented. It currently searches until it finds a match, so if you are between two brackets that are not far apart, then it is quick. If you are between no brackets in a large file, you will search the entire 7000 lines every time you move your cursor.

It is incorrect to say that it is something you just have to live with. I have created a branch that merged sublimeBracket and sublimeTagmatcher and does not have this problem. I fixed it by one: debouncing the events that trigger searching, two: implementing a search threshold so that by default you only search so far, and three: I allow blacklisting certain languages for matching via settings (you will never need to search for tags in CSS); if you would like to search the entire file until you find a match, that has been attached to an on demand shortcut.

0 Likes

This cracked me up. That’s a whole lotta stylin’!

0 Likes