Home Download Buy Blog Forum Support

SublimeTagmatcher

Re: SublimeTagmatcher

Postby mehigh on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:00 am

Thought to provide some feedback on this.
On large CSS files (7000 lines for an example), typing in new code is veery slow with this plug-in enabled.
Tried this on both OSX and Windows 7 and it behaves the same on both platforms, even on powerful systems.

Is this checking for the matching tags at each key-stroke ?
Just wondering which would be the best patch for this behavior, such that other users can use it without any blockers.

Let me know your thoughts on this.
mehigh

Postby iamntz on Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:05 am

Having a 7000 lines css file is an issue by itself, no matter what plugins or editor are you using. :shock:
iamntz

Postby facelessuser on Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:13 pm

The problem with this plugin and large files is currently how this plugin is implemented. It currently searches until it finds a match, so if you are between two brackets that are not far apart, then it is quick. If you are between no brackets in a large file, you will search the entire 7000 lines every time you move your cursor.

It is incorrect to say that it is something you just have to live with. I have created a branch that merged sublimeBracket and sublimeTagmatcher and does not have this problem. I fixed it by one: debouncing the events that trigger searching, two: implementing a search threshold so that by default you only search so far, and three: I allow blacklisting certain languages for matching via settings (you will never need to search for tags in CSS); if you would like to search the entire file until you find a match, that has been attached to an on demand shortcut.
facelessuser

Postby natebeaty on Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:30 pm

iamntz wrote:Having a 7000 lines css file is an issue by itself, no matter what plugins or editor are you using. :shock:

This cracked me up. That's a whole lotta stylin'!
natebeaty

Postby mehigh on Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:03 pm

Confirming on the behavior of facelessuser's plug-in - everything works like a breeze no matter the size of the file it's being used in.
( https://github.com/facelessuser/BracketHighlighter )
Thanks heaps !

And to be honest, I've worked on websites where the CSS file had gone beyond the 15K lines limit, so this project wasn't too big :P (details require serious work unfortunately, but thank god for ZenCoding and all these helpful little snippets which make our life easier).
mehigh

Postby agassi on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:53 pm

thank you!
awesome plugin
agassi

Previous

Return to Plugin Announcements