Sublime Forum

Git Plugin

Saw this on YCombinator today: github.com/kemayo/sublime-text-2-git/wiki

Not sure why this wasn’t posted here as well.
Anyway, it’s looking good kemayo :smile:

0 Likes

This is now also available via Package Control

0 Likes

I would prefer if this used actual git commands instead of things like “switch branch.” Also, there seems to be no tagging support and no ability to view the branches.

0 Likes

You might want to try posting this to the issues section as a feature request (?).
github.com/kemayo/sublime-text-2-git/issues

0 Likes

I’ve added Git Annotations to my branch.

github.com/kemayo/sublime-text-2-git/pull/50

0 Likes

Not really sure how this works.

In the menu all entries in “This file” are disabled. In the command palette “Git: Diff” works fine, “Git: Commit” returns “Nothing to commit”, even though I have changed and saved the file.

Am I doing something wrong?

0 Likes

I like your icon in the margin on the line you modified, already thought about implementing something like that.
It’s something I miss from previous editor.

Do you clear them when the file is saved ?
How do you deal with undo ?

0 Likes

[quote=“vortec”]Not really sure how this works.

In the menu all entries in “This file” are disabled. In the command palette “Git: Diff” works fine, “Git: Commit” returns “Nothing to commit”, even though I have changed and saved the file.

Am I doing something wrong?[/quote]

When using git, you need to stage your changes (with Git: Add) to mark them ready to be committed.

0 Likes

[quote=“bizoo”]
I like your icon in the margin on the line you modified, already thought about implementing something like that.
It’s something I miss from previous editor.

Do you clear them when the file is saved ?
How do you deal with undo ?[/quote]

The comparison always happens between the current buffer and the head of your current git branch. So no changes to the buffer (including undo) can interfere with the functionality.

0 Likes

[quote=“buhrmi”]

[quote=“vortec”]Not really sure how this works.

Am I doing something wrong?[/quote]

When using git, you need to stage your changes (with Git: Add) to mark them ready to be committed.[/quote]

Ah, of course. I usually commit my files using “commit -a -m ‘’”.

0 Likes

Thanks for great plugin. Is there any way how can i work with 2 repos in one project?

0 Likes

is there a way to have icons in front of the files in the sidebar indicating which files have been changed? Similar to the way the git plugin works in Textmate?

0 Likes

Current file commands seem to have stopped working for me. Is anyone else experiencing this or could it be something I’ve done locally? My active buffer is definitely in a git repo.

http://puu.sh/hTX3

0 Likes

When i supposed to set my password for authenticating? For some reason the plugin does not ask for one.

(windows, git+bitbucket combo, git bash works just fine, and asks for my pw)

0 Likes

I love this plugin
Would be perfect if interactive rebase is supported.

0 Likes