Sublime Forum

SideBar Enhanc.. (Clipboard, Open With., Reload renamed)

remove and install this version github.com/titoBouzout/SideBarE … s/tree/st3

0 Likes

How do you do that? When I remove it and reinstall from the Package manager it keep reinstalling the old version.
I tried replacing the file in the .sublime-package but it just broke the plugin.

can you install a plugin direct from a .git link?

thx!

0 Likes

[quote=“devilwarriors”]

can you install a plugin direct from a .git link?

thx![/quote]

Just download the .zip from the Github page, extract it and put the “SideBarEnhancements-st3” folder in your packages folder. The only downside is that you can not remove/upgrade the package via Package Control.

Mario

0 Likes

Hello everyone!
I am using ST3. It is cool editor :smile:

Today, I installed SideBarEnhancements with branch st3 in github project. But I can’t do anything, it allway got fail.
When I right click to a file to get SideBarEnhancements panel, but it allway return fail alert (image attach)

After click OK to hide the alert.
I right click again. It show the panel, but it did’t show full SideBarEnhancements panel and it did’t work too.

I am using windows 8, ST 3 build 3033.
How can I solve the bug?
Thanks!

Update!
I solved it :smiley:
1/ Uninstall SideBarEnhancements via package control
2/ Delete all SideBarEnhancements setting in Packages\User
3/ Reinstall
4/ Work like a charm!!!

0 Likes

Thanks! Same problem here. Your solution fixed it.

0 Likes

Hi

I have the same problem as MinhMan with the errors and can only make it work by reinstalling again like mentioned.
I found the problem is when i try ‘open with’ then Edit Applications.

After this the sidebarenhancelents crashes with the errors as MinhMan showed and I need to reinstall to get it working again.

Does anyone else have this issue?

I have sublime text 3 installed on windows 7 64bit.

0 Likes

Hi there!

I wish to raise money for an unrelated project, then, I added a menuitem to the sidebar asking for support! Hope this does not disturb you nor break our love!

I’ll remove the menuitem once the amount is raised, or in the worst case in a months time from now!.. hope the first one! :slight_smile:

Not that this software saves lives… but has been handy! Consider supporting my unrelated project by following the link… or by sending any amount of $ to paypal account: extensiondevelopment@gmail.com

Much appreciated, Sorry for any inconvenience, Thanks!! <3

0 Likes

All the sidebar Enhancement function don’t work for images. When I open a png file, I can’t use delete file, copy file path etc…

0 Likes

True, ST does not report the file name of the active view containing an image!

sublime.active_window().active_view().file_name()
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘file_name’

0 Likes

The installation is not working for me as it should. I am fairly new to Sublime but I know enough to share with you that I am running ST2 and have the Package Control installed.

Am I supposed to copy the contents of the ZIP file to the packages directory? But that sounds like a manual install which we are advised against.

If I click Preferences > Package Control > Install Package, I don’t find SideBarEnhancements in the menu.

What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes

As I recall, @tito no longer supports ST2, but only supports ST3. So, in short, upgrade to ST3 and then install via package control.

0 Likes

That worked. Thanks.

0 Likes

Thank you Tito.

0 Likes

github.com/titoBouzout/SideBarE … ts#f12-key

0 Likes

Hello again.

Is it possible to bind F12 key to open in firefox, and ALT+F12 to open in chrome?
Reading the documentation, i cannot figure out how to.

0 Likes

I just added option to set the browser to use directly in the keymap file. So you may now update the package first(with package control), and then, add the browser to your keymap, as:

{ "keys": "f12"],
	"command": "side_bar_open_in_browser" ,
	"args":{"paths":], "type":"testing", "browser":"firefox"}
},
{ "keys": "alt+f12"],
	"command": "side_bar_open_in_browser",
	"args":{"paths":], "type":"testing", "browser":"chrome"}
}

]

PS: I did not tested :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

New Build Install Issues. Installed in latest ST beta using Package Control 2.0.

Per your GitHub

Troubleshooting Installtion:

If you have problems with the installtion, do this:

Open the package folder. Main menu -> Preferences -> Browse Packages.
Completed

Close Sublime Text.
Completed

Remove the folder “Packages/SideBarEnhancements”
There was no “Packages/SideBarEnhancements” folder

Remove the folder “User/SideBarEnhancements”
There was no “User/SideBarEnhancements” folder

Navigate one folder up, to “Installed Packages/”, check for any instance of SideBarEnhancements and remove it.
Completed

Open ST, with Package Control go to : Remove Package, check for any instance of SideBarEnhancements and remove it.
Completed

Restart ST
Completed

Open ST, check if there is any entry about SideBarEnhancements in Package Control(in sections: “Remove Package” and just in case in “Enable Package”)
Completed, there was no evidence of SideBarEnhancements

Restart ST
Completed

Install it via Package Control.
Completed

It works
No it doesn’t :smile:

Upon inspection, “Packages/SideBarEnhancements” and “User/SideBarEnhancements” folders are not being created. Side Bar.sublime-settings is being created in the Users folder.

When right clicking on any file, it shows only one single menu item - close.

Thanks,
Matthew

0 Likes

Matthew, Great homework! Thank you so much :slight_smile:

…Now read the first Question of the FAQ: github.com/titoBouzout/SideBarEnhancements#faq:slight_smile:

[quote]Q: Why the menu is not shown on Open Files?

It should be mentioned that the package’s context menu is only available for files and folders in a project (section Folders in the side bar), and not on the open files listed at the top of the side bar, due to a limitation of ST.[/quote]

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply Tito. So much information, so little time. Sorry I missed that in the FAQ.

Can you enlighten me as to why “Packages/SideBarEnhancements” and “User/SideBarEnhancements” folders are not being created after I install SideBarEnhancements?

After reading your troubleshooting guide, I immediately assumed the installation was failing b/c of the lack of those two folders…

0 Likes

Your are welcome, thank to you for detailed debugging. The folder are not created because in ST3 the package resides in a zip file with extension sublime-package. (in ./Packages/…/Installed Packages/HERE). In ST2 these were unpacked to the Packages/ folder. I’m sorry for the confusion. As most people with problems, where trying to install it in ST2. I’ll update the readme

0 Likes